Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For which episode are Nutter and Sapochnik nominated?
I don't know if it was the right season to nominate Alfie Allen. John Bradley did more this year, Hijvu, Jacob Anderson and Rory McCann also, imo.
I'm happy all Lannisters are nominated, Headey had a smaller part, but she did really great with what she had.
Not convinced that Harington had a bigger part than Dinklage this season.

Vader182 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Season 8 of Game of Thrones is now the most nominated single season of television in the history of the medium.

-Vader
It certainly is. But it doesn't deserve it, not by a long shot.

Skyab23 wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 8:41 pm
Vader182 wrote:
Season 8 of Game of Thrones is now the most nominated single season of television in the history of the medium.

-Vader
That's a matter of opinion. I certainly thought a lot of the actors deserved the nominations, the technical stuff was always absolutely flawless. Where many people disagree is whether it was excellent writing or not and I happen to think that it was.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 10:39 pm
Skyab23 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
That's a matter of opinion. I certainly thought a lot of the actors deserved the nominations, the technical stuff was always absolutely flawless. Where many people disagree is whether it was excellent writing or not and I happen to think that it was.
dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet

Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 11:23 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 10:39 pm
Skyab23 wrote:

dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet
Cool, you can quote memes about PR material for a tv show. Good for you. Don't see how that invalidates my point about the writing quality of the actual show but ok. I don't really care what any artist says about his/her work (David Lynch for instance is famous for not doing your work for you and you usually trust the tale, not the teller at any rate). I'm sure this response most likely sounded a lot more impressive as a zinger in your head than it ended up being.

Game of Thrones monopolizing acting nominations in drama this year is fucking gross.

Ah yes, Lena Headey, for example, absolutely deserves her nomination for all of the wine sipping she did during the entirety of her 20 minute appearance throughout the season

especially when you compare to her performance in past seasons

lmao

While I totally agree, the nominations are also a victory lap for one of the greatest accomplishments in TV history.

Then, I like Season 8 more than most while acknowledging, and am occasionally enraged by, its considerable flaws.

-Vader

I’m a bit confused why the flaws of this season enraged people who had little to no complaints in S5 through S7. A lot of the problems in this season very much existed in those previous seasons. I get it’s the last one and the finale but still.

because fucking up the ending is obviously way worse than fucking up the journey

-Vader