Untitled Star Trek Sequel (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't really want him to do this. He spoke in a recent interview about his great pride that his films have all (for the most part) been completely original and that they all started on a blank sheet of paper. I don't want his final film to be a franchise entry tbh. I have faith that it would be fantastic, but I'd rather him do something original because there's very few directors out there able to make a successful completely original concept into a success with studio backing.

Ace

...I do hope they're kidding with the idea that Wrath of Khan coined "revenge is a dish best served cold"

Unless they also think that Shakespeare is better in the original Klingon

This isn’t gonna happen lol.

I’m really curious about what his idea is. Would he be doin Pine, Saldana, Pegg, Urban and Quinto? Or will he just be using half of that cast? All new actors/reboot? Shatner? Stewart? Traveling back in time? Road trip in space? Christoph Waltz as a main villain? Would he use a composer to score the film?

Ace
Will Quentin Tarantino's Last Movie Be Star Trek? The Director Talks About A 'Loophole'

“Speaking with CinemaBlend just a few hours ago, Tarantino confirmed that he is willing to end his career directing his R-rated ‘Star Trek’ movie, but that he also could find a loophole to prevent it from being movie number ten.”

I guess I do have a loophole, [if] the idea was to throw a loophole into it. Which would be [to go], ‘Uhhh, I guess Star Trek doesn't count. I can do Star Trek … but naturally I would end on an original.’ But the idea of doing 10 isn't to come up with a loophole. I actually think, if I was going to do Star Trek, I should commit to it. It's my last movie. There should be nothing left handed about it. I don't know if I'm going to do that, but that might happen.
There also is another thought process going on where it's like, yes, [my last movie] could be original. On the other hand, maybe that could show a different career I could've had. Whereas maybe [Once Upon a Time in Hollywood] is my last original -- I'm not saying this is the case -- but maybe this is my last original, and Star Trek or any other thing, a book or something like this, is the career I could have had if I wasn't just writing everything all the time. Writing always originals. Maybe I could have had a different career if I looked for other people's scripts, or if I wanted to find a book to be inspired by, and do an adaptation of. That would've been a different career. And maybe that could be fun to explore on the 10th [movie]. I don't know. I mean, I'm making all this up as I go along, but those are two different ways I could look at it.
https://www.cinemablend.com/podcast/247 ... a-loophole

Tarantino needs to just drop his ten-film rule already. You could tell he already is tempted to. Off topic, but Into Darkness is actually the best movie in the reboot by far. Best soundtrack, best villain regardless of Wrath of Khan, it avoids the horrible prologues of the first, &c.

Has Tarantino said why he wants to stop at 10 movies?? Like what is he going to do with the rest of his life? Is he gonna go back to acting in plays/TV series?

radewart wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 9:11 pm
Has Tarantino said why he wants to stop at 10 movies?? Like what is he going to do with the rest of his life? Is he gonna go back to acting in plays/TV series?
IIRC, he said he wants to go back to writing plays and write some novels too.

radewart wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 9:11 pm
He's seen filmmakers he loves decrease in quality/ability over time and does not want to be a filmmaker that also does that.