Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Let me just say this... if it’s officially a breakup then it’s a mutual one.
Scoring Dunkirk was a very big challenge and not a pleasant one - not just for Hans but for the whole team or so I’ve been told.

Same thing with Pacino.

He turned down a role in The Dark Knight.

MyCocaine wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Same thing with Pacino.

He turned down a role in The Dark Knight.
Whoa. Source?

Although Al Pacino starred in Christopher Nolan’s Insomnia, relations between the pair have since cooled.
“He hasn’t offered me a film in a while, you know why? I’ll tell you why,” the Scarface actor says at a BFI event. “He asked me to be in this movie and I didn’t do it.”
While Pacino won’t divulge the film in question, he thinks he annoyed the Batman Begins director. “I think that might have miffed him a little bit, but I’m being presumptuous myself.”
He never specified which movie/role though.

Wow, that's really interesting. Half an alpha powermove and half just being an asshole. Nolan really demands loyalty, it seems.

I've never heard that before, maybe he offered Pacino the role of Sal Maroni?

On the other hand, I get that there's a trend of him not going back to actors who turned him down once - although even that sounds a bit overexaggarated -, but come on, he's worked with Hans for almost all of his career. That's definitely a different thing. Also, they're friends, I'm pretty sure. And he couldn't do this film, that's it.

MyCocaine wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 1:33 pm
I don't see Smith and Zimmer returning to the fold.
Dude you're like the Alex Jones of NF

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 6:20 pm
I've never heard that before, maybe he offered Pacino the role of Sal Maroni?

On the other hand, I get that there's a trend of him not going back to actors who turned him down once - although even that sounds a bit overexaggarated -, but come on, he's worked with Hans for almost all of his career. That's definitely a different thing. Also, they're friends, I'm pretty sure. And he couldn't do this film, that's it.
I was wondering who it might be. Sal Maroni makes the most sense. Al Pacino refusing it would probably be for the same reason that Joe Pantoliano refused to play the corrupt cop in Batman Begins. Pacino would probably have brought a lot of charisma to the bland character though.

Goddamn, Al Pacino as Sal Maroni would have been an incredible casting. Or De Niro.

But Chris and Al are on good terms. Chris hosted a Heat discussion with Mann, Pacino and De Niro.

Nolan doesn't seem like someone who would want to be on bad terms or burn bridges with anybody. No way. He's a smart guy and wants to keep a great reputation in the industry for as long as possible.

Plus he has Syncopy with Emma, so he wants to attract the top talent even for projects he's not writing or directing down the road.