Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 2:31 am
I don't like how
Byers family and Nancy felt sidelined. They don't have much to do in this season.
Also,
Any word on how many more seasons will be there? I was expecting this one to be the last one.
one more season and I felt Nancy and Joyce had plenty to do this season not so much Jonathan and Will.

Pratham wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 2:31 am
I don't like how
Byers family and Nancy felt sidelined. They don't have much to do in this season.
Also,
Any word on how many more seasons will be there? I was expecting this one to be the last one.
Duffer's said after season one, that they want to do 5 seasons.

So two more seasons of
"He's back! We must close the gate!"? :lol:

Just finished. This might be my favorite season yet. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Had a great pace to it imo.

Hopefully Netflix doesn't give it the 3rd season axe.

DoubleD wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Just finished. This might be my favorite season yet. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Had a great pace to it imo.

Dude, this is literally their most successful and popular show lol.

Allstar wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 4:25 pm
DoubleD wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Dude, this is literally their most successful and popular show lol.
I get that. But I also wouldn't put it past them either.

They apparently begged The Duffer Bros to do 5 seasons but they insisted on 4.

Allstar wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 4:41 pm
They apparently begged The Duffer Bros to do 5 seasons but they insisted on 4.
Hey. If they have it planned out for four seasons, great. Let them do their thing at this point.

I don't want to be a "wet blanket" but I thought this season was okay at best. It is kinda of repetitive with the same basic plot for the third straight season.

But, the worst thing for me was the attempts at humor.
I found the constant arguing between Hopper and Joyce to highlight their sexual attraction very tiresome after the first couple of episodes. I also found the "dating" problems/arguments between El, Max, and Mike stupid. The best subplot was Dustin and the two Ice Cream kids, but then Lucas's sister shows up and she got annoying.
I don't know, I just found the humor forced and not natural.

Also, they could of explained a little more,
like how the Soviets built a giant secret base right under everyone's noses in like a year from the previous season, and what exactly was their plans with opening the gate. I guess we'll see that in season 4.
Anybody else think the big bad Soviet that Hopper was constantly fighting was a homage to Schwarzenegger circa "The Terminator"?

radewart wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:09 pm
I don't want to be a "wet blanket" but I thought this season was okay at best. It is kinda of repetitive with the same basic plot for the third straight season.

But, the worst thing for me was the attempts at humor.
I found the constant arguing between Hopper and Joyce to highlight their sexual attraction very tiresome after the first couple of episodes. I also found the "dating" problems/arguments between El, Max, and Mike stupid. The best subplot was Dustin and the two Ice Cream kids, but then Lucas's sister shows up and she got annoying.
I don't know, I just found the humor forced and not natural.

Also, they could of explained a little more,
like how the Soviets built a giant secret base right under everyone's noses in like a year from the previous season, and what exactly was their plans with opening the gate. I guess we'll see that in season 4.
Anybody else think the big bad Soviet that Hopper was constantly fighting was a homage to Schwarzenegger circa "The Terminator"?
You should try to apply the same wet blanket to a show like Game of Thrones.