Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Demoph wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 11:52 am
Not Amsterdam, but Netherland. And I like Netherland, but I don't think it's really like it's described in the film... Cause if it is, then I'm moving there right now!
oh lol, curious to see what they actually show then

m4st4 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 2:39 am
Batfan175 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 2:25 am
m4st4 wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:17 am

No.

It’s about everyone around Peter thinking he’s the next Iron-Man when in fact he can ultimately only be one, his own man, Spider-Man.
Roll the credits, bring out the next one.
Spiderman is the guy who's a hero because of his own guilt and who'd do the responsible thing even if he himself would suffer as a result of his decisions and who often does suffer as a consequence of the decisions he makes. Raimi understood the importance of exploring this and showing us this as a big part of the character in a way that rings true emotionally, these movies don't.
Thanks for this Spidey 101. Also, wonderfully shown here...
right after the tulip pickup with Favreau when he says that he feels powerless and guilty because his friends need to suffer because of him and when he finds the strength to (finally) make his own suit and do things the way Spidey does things - solo. Did I mention his final move is using Spidey sense to trick the trickster? And how the final sequence wonderfully evokes Raimi movies and everything Spider-Man should be, including JJJ threat? Yeah.
This movie is the fire. It’s also wickedly experimental and different in a way GotG and Ragnarok were.
A Spiderman who uses
a special technology to spy on his classmates' phones and who causes (accidentally but still) an attack on his own bus via drones
is not the Spiderman who knows that with great power comes great responsibility. The film also frames Peter's accidents as funny gags, whilst never bothering to ask the question of whether
the existence of that technology
is in and of itself a problem and whether one person being given this much power is in and of itself an issue. The film just casually glosses over the invasion of privacy aspects because with this franchise, once you start looking at its moral basis too closely you'll likely start recoiling in horror. #NotMySpiderman

Finale of the movie happened you know, as did that scene with Nick Fury in the briefing room. Holland acted the hell out of that final battle. #WatchTheWholeThing

The whole point of power-responsibility is the push and pull within Pete that comes along with it. Not to mention the exhaggerated humor always plays a great part in all of the movies, and I mean all of them. Peter is not a saint, he’s a human being, he messes up, he trips over his own decisions, but ultimately learns from his mistakes and does well and above what most humans would do, ultimately he does better. If you have a problem with that sort of Peter, well, he’s always like that, all of them.

Did you hashtagnotmypeter the one from Spiderverse as well, the old one I mean? Let’s be consistent, shall we.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 6:28 pm

The film also frames Peter's accidents as funny gags, whilst never bothering to ask the question of whether
the existence of that technology
is in and of itself a problem and whether one person being given this much power is in and of itself an issue. The film just casually glosses over the invasion of privacy aspects because with this franchise, once you start looking at its moral basis too closely you'll likely start recoiling in horror. #NotMySpiderman
The point of the film is yet to question
the need for super-heroes. Of course by having in the end Spider-man save the day, the film eventually doesn't push its ideas to their logical ends. But the film still has ambition, and subversion. There can be issues with Peter Parker. I didn't get the emotional pull from his discussions with Happy in the plane. But Far from Home still offers us the best villain in a Spider-man film imo.

Already at $580M worldwide in less than a week. If there is going to be an MCU fatigue it doesn't seem to be very close in the future.

get rekt spielberg lol

Master Virgo wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 2:17 pm
Already at $580M worldwide in less than a week. If there is going to be an MCU fatigue it doesn't seem to be very close in the future.
China loves Spider-Man.

Has an A cinemascore.

Hope to see this sometime this week if it doesn't rain too much like predicted.

Forum Pro
Law
I feel like it raining should make you go to the theater, not deter it

I don't like driving in the rain and there is a chance of flash floods happening. I don't want to be stranded somewhere like I was a few months back.

I also just like being cozy at home when it rains as well.