Euphoria (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

A look at life for a group of high school students as they grapple with issues of drugs, sex and violence.
Euphoria is an original ten episode series created and written by Sam Levison (Wizard of Lies). The series stars Austin Abrams, Alexa Demie, Jacob Elordi, Algee Smith, Sydney Sweeney and Zendaya in the lead roles.

youtube link isn't working for me btw

Nomis wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 5:52 am
fixed.

I'm kind of digging it.

I really like Zendaya so I'll watch for her.

Nomis wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 4:47 am
Zendaya’s Provocative Series Mixes Bleak Teen Drama with HBO’s Prestige Polish

Anybody watching this from the get go? I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before binging it lol
I am.
Which is weird cuz I haated Assassination Nation. I've thought Levinson might do better on HBO doing long-format, so I'm giving it a shot.

UPDATE:
Just finished the pilot ep.
It shows some promise, but I still it feels a little too.. self-important? Also, you know how everyone's been hyping this up as HBO's shocking, subversive new show? Well, it's really not.
Zendaya continues to impress tho.

Yeah I noticed from the trailers that this seems to be a little too presumptuous, self-assertive? At least that's what I fear.

I have only seen Zendaya in Spider-Man Homecoming but I don't think she really got any hefty material to work with there, like at all, so I figure that's why I don't feel like I've seen a real performance from her yet where she can show her range. I think this is that thing, I hope she impresses me too.

About as deep as the melted ice cream leftover in my bowl after I get done eating, but Zendaya is good.

i was not interested in this series but spontaneously decided to check the pilot out. it looks to be well made/produced but god, “self-important” is the accurate word for this

i don’t know if i’m already too old for this, but so far there’s nothing of substance showing through. i mean Rue (aww i selfishly love this name) shows potential as a character, as she shows awareness of the dumbassery of others, despite her own struggles. but so far it’s like those very popular rn adult-like teenage dramas, but on steroids for thay sweet sweet shock value. it’s not bad, but it’s usually really not what i’d seek out. it’s very stylish though. i’m mildly intrigued, so might stick with this and see where it goes

RIP at those on twitter being like oh finally hbo put out something of quality!!! i know people hate got’s last seasons but come oooooon