Nightmare Alley (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tourmie wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 5:31 pm
Kind of feels like Del Toro thinks he's a more important director than he really is. Writing a role for Leo when you've directed mostly junk is audacious as hell. Then pivoting to Cooper to save face (who very well might turn him down too :think: ). :lol:
When has he ever made junk?

Artemis wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Tourmie wrote:
Kind of feels like Del Toro thinks he's a more important director than he really is. Writing a role for Leo when you've directed mostly junk is audacious as hell. Then pivoting to Cooper to save face (who very well might turn him down too :think: ). :lol:
Pacific Rim, Crimson Peak, The Shape of Water, etc.

Tourmie wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:24 pm
Artemis wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Tourmie wrote:
Pacific Rim, Crimson Peak, The Shape of Water, etc.
Pacific Rim was fun in the best way possible. Crimson Peak was an absolute blast. I loved how campy it was and it seemed like GDT and the rest of the cast had fun with the material. The Shape of Water was a beautiful film about loneliness and finding meaningful connections in life.

Pacific Rim is terrific.

Tourmie wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm
Allstar wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Tourmie wrote:
What a nonsensical take.
:lol: It's a big gamble for Cooper. If the movie's bad, he'll look clueless, like we've gone back a few years to Burnt/Aloha. He should probably turn it down and get O. Russell's next movie going.
lol

GDT is a more interesting filmmaker than David O.

David O. Russell is the Wal Mart to Adam McKay's Target.

Allstar wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 8:26 pm
Tourmie wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm
Allstar wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:09 pm

What a nonsensical take.
:lol: It's a big gamble for Cooper. If the movie's bad, he'll look clueless, like we've gone back a few years to Burnt/Aloha. He should probably turn it down and get O. Russell's next movie going.
lol

GDT is a more interesting filmmaker than David O.
haha good one

As good as preferring American Hustle to Wolf of Wall Street?

Damn that one aged terribly.

I still can't believe Bradley Cooper's directorial debut is better than O. Russell's entire oeuvre.
Okay I'm done with the O. Russell bashing. But if you want more I got more because I really dislike O. Russell as a director and as a human being.

tbh Three Kings was great

but it’s irrelevant to compare Russell to del Toro, they’re not similar in the slightest