Untitled Damien Chazelle Apple TV Series

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

wait what

It's a little bit old, but few months ago, producer Jordan Hororwitz talked a little bit about Damien Chazelle's ambitions on this project : http://collider.com/counterpart-season- ... jk-simmons
You’re set to do another TV series, with Damien Chazelle for Apple.

HOROWITZ: Yeah.

What are you most excited about with that? Is that another TV project that you’d approach like a movie?

HOROWITZ: Yeah, very much so. It’s almost an 8- or 10-hour movie, is the way that we’re really approaching that one. We’re in the middle of writing it right now, and then Damien is gonna direct all of them. We will need to really approach it as a large feature, very much in the style of the European TV shows that [Ingmar] Bergman used to do, like Scenes from a Marriage. There’s definitely a history of shows that were done for European television that were “limited series.” It was very much features, but 6-, 8- or 10-hour features that were character focused, very intimately detailed, and telling the story of the individuals, in a place at a time. That really is the history that we’re going for, with the world that we want to live in.

Does that feel like a huge undertaking, when you are looking at it as a big movie like that?

HOROWITZ: Oh, it’s enormous because it’s so much. It’s so big. Damien is probably the most ambitious director that I’ve worked with. There’s no compromising with him. When you’re in it with him, it’s very intense, in the best way. It’s a lot of fun, but it’s very ambitious, and the work is really hard. It was that way on La La Land, and thinking about doing that times eight is daunting, but also exciting. It’s nice to get lost. I like doing the work of it. That’s really what I find the most enjoyable it — developing it, shooting it, cutting it. The actual craft and the making of the thing is where I tend to find my pleasure in my work, with the job that I do, so I’m looking forward to being lost in that. That will be a lot of fun. I think it’ll be a very big shoot, in multiple places, so we’ll see how that all plays out.

Sounds huge and promising, very excited for this one.

In case anyone’s wondering (or are too lazy to look this up (as I usually am)), Andre Holland, Cold War’s Joanna Kulig, Amandla Stenberg and Tahar Rahim are starring in this.

Baines wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 2:42 pm
In case anyone’s wondering (or are too lazy to look this up (as I usually am)), Andre Holland, Cold War’s Joanna Kulig, Amandla Stenberg and Tahar Rahim are starring in this.
Wrong Chazelle show