TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
cclem wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 9:09 pm
The Special One wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 1:32 pm
Angus wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 12:55 pm
I'm surprised they're not just building a fake highway like they did for Matrix Reloaded. It looked great, and convincing.

To add to that, are there any fake highways in Hollywood with the sole purpose of filming movies and TV shows on? I've always wondered that. I know they have fake city and town sets.
That would simply be too easy. Nolan doesn't do easy he does real.
As much as I loved that car chase scene - the giant walls kinda made it feel fake. I can see Nolan being dismissive of that idea.
I was about to say the same thing. It really closed off things going in the background. A wall on one side is fine, but both? Eh something didn't quite look right there.

I think that stretch still exists here, by the way. Walls are torn down though of course.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 1:52 am
cclem wrote:
The Special One wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 1:32 pm

That would simply be too easy. Nolan doesn't do easy he does real.
As much as I loved that car chase scene - the giant walls kinda made it feel fake. I can see Nolan being dismissive of that idea.
I was about to say the same thing. It really closed off things going in the background. A wall on one side is fine, but both? Eh something didn't quite look right there.

I think that stretch still exists here, by the way. Walls are torn down though of course.
The only thing I really dislike about that scene is that there are moments where it feels like they're going 30 MPH. There are exceptions like when Trinity is weaving against traffic, which is absolutely incredible, but other parts take away the immediacy of the scene.

cclem wrote:
Tbh on other movie productions nowadays they could just place green screens there and CGI the whole background in. But it's Nolan, so never gonna happen :lol:

Question is not about Nolan.Question is, is there possible good explanations,why millions of people should wait because Nolan wants to close main highway to full month.Ok,there lives hundreds of thousands people with their cars and if we take that mostly to work and back we are counting at least 2 times in day.

Also there have not mentioned did Nolan´s team wants to close some area or just full - there have 10 bridges.Good part is that there have no "zebras" and mainly closed area - it´s only highway.Bad part is that there have so high traffic and Tallinn is like butterfly.This highway is connection between different part of city https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laagna_tee
Check third picture what is titled as Õhuvaade Laagna asum ja Laagna tee.Aerial view to Laagna and Laagna road.Laagna road is this middle ,not this one on left or right.

snaiper wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Question is not about Nolan.Question is, is there possible good explanations,why millions of people should wait because Nolan wants to close main highway to full month.Ok,there lives hundreds of thousands people with their cars and if we take that mostly to work and back we are counting at least 2 times in day.

Also there have not mentioned did Nolan´s team wants to close some area or just full - there have 10 bridges.Good part is that there have no "zebras" and mainly closed area - it´s only highway.Bad part is that there have so high traffic and Tallinn is like butterfly.This highway is connection between different part of city https://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laagna_tee
Check third picture what is titled as Õhuvaade Laagna asum ja Laagna tee.Aerial view to Laagna and Laagna road.Laagna road is this middle ,not this one on left or right.
Good stuff. Yeah it doesn't look like Nolan is going to get his way but hopefully, some compromise will be agreed upon.
I believe there will be a formal press conference tomorrow.

I can see such compromises, like:

- Shooting at 1:00 AM.
- Closing off only a couple of exits at a time.
- Only getting every third weekday (or something).

But no, I doubt he could get a full main highway closure for a month. Not even Nolan.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 1:24 pm
I can see such compromises, like:

- Shooting at 1:00 AM.
- Closing off only a couple of exits at a time.
- Only getting every third weekday (or something).

But no, I doubt he could get a full main highway closure for a month. Not even Nolan.
Right. I'm sure they will figure something out.

The Special One wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 12:51 pm
snaiper wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Good stuff. Yeah it doesn't look like Nolan is going to get his way but hopefully, some compromise will be agreed upon.
I believe there will be a formal press conference tomorrow.
News from yesterday told that today is or should have press conference,But why there have no news.

Actual problem is that some businessmen have bought lots of streets and there should have very big losses of rent and some biggest supermarkets should be closed and lots of caffes when this Laagna tee closing accepted.Like this man, who called Estonian Warren Buffet,who owns 80 private streets https://televeeb.ohtuleht.ee/869182/pea ... kelt-renti

Local government just afraids that there have no profit and it seems political suicide when to paid dzens of millions or maybe even hundreds of millions to business owners and to different civil right organizations.

Pretty funny that they asked permissions to 13 locations and forgot most important.But anyway there have known number 13 and how many belongs to private and how many to city or to country is secret.