Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
X1, X2 and Days of Future Past make a really cool trilogy. That's really it for me.

Logan is kinda great, but not really rewatchable for me

Singer really fucked his golden X-Resume with Apocalypse lol

X1, X2, First Class and Days of Future Past for me.

It's a real pity Singer never made X3 himself. Also funny how both third instalments are pretty low-tier if not bad.

It's going to be weird to see the MCU taking over in a couple of years. I hope they tackle Fantastic Four first because those have been nothing but abysmal so far and also to give this as much rest as it can.

Nomis wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 5:45 pm
It's a real pity Singer never made X3 himself. Also funny how both third instalments are pretty low-tier if not bad.
It's unfortunate but I honestly doubt that Singer's X3 would have been too much better. A big improvement over the Last Stand maybe, but not much in the way of the Dark Phoenix Saga.

It's going to be weird to see the MCU taking over in a couple of years. I hope they tackle Fantastic Four first because those have been nothing but abysmal so far and also to give this as much rest as it can.
Fantastic Four first seems to make more sense all things considered. Hopefully the X-Men take a break for a good long while and when they return, they do so without the likes of Jean Grey, Magneto, and especially Wolverine.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Singer really fucked his golden X-Resume with Apocalypse lol
among other things

Nomis wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 5:45 pm
X1, X2, First Class and Days of Future Past for me.

Saw the movie yesterday, and while it's not Origins level bad, it's in the bottom half of FOX X-Men/Wolverine films with Apocalypse and X:TLS. I just don't like Deadpool, I've seen the first one, but I don't know that's it's bad, it's just not for me - it's like watching some video of a Youtube guy snarking while he's watching another video, which may explain why it's so popular nowadays.

Best
X2, TW, L, X1, X:FC, X:DoFP

Worst
DP, X:A, X:TLS, XO:W

L? Come on.

Master Virgo wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 7:51 pm
L? Come on.
Are you trying to act like the general consensus on Logan isn't that it was fantastic?

Logan is the best superhero film from Fox, and generally recognised as such I believe.