Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, pretty sure I'm never touching this. This series died with Logan to me.

I bet Lee Smith was confused when he saw this shot make its way into the editing bay for this movie.

forreal? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not the exact same shot, but pretty fucking close. You'll know when you see it.

BlairCo wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 3:23 am
You mean "if" he sees it..

^probably them in the editing bay:

Numbers wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 5:37 am
BlairCo wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 3:23 am
You mean "if" he sees it..
correct! :lol:

Dobson wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 11:44 am
Shit, I'd really like to see Marvel adapting the Dark Pheonix saga themselves 10 years down the road. Third time's the charm.
After X2 it was the perfect fit to follow Claremount/Byrne version of The Dark Phoenix. It was the perfect time for them to introduce the return of Jean Grey and that set up her trial with that epic battle with the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. But what we got is the fucking Last Stand. Unbelievable they fuck that up badly. Marvel I'm sure are damn happy that Fox never took that route. Now they have this all to themselves to make it right.

LEXX wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Dobson wrote:
Shit, I'd really like to see Marvel adapting the Dark Pheonix saga themselves 10 years down the road. Third time's the charm.
After X2 it was the perfect fit to follow Claremount/Byrne version of The Dark Phoenix. It was the perfect time for them to introduce the return of Jean Grey and that set up her trial with that epic battle with the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. But what we got is the fucking Last Stand. Unbelievable they fuck that up badly. Marvel I'm sure are damn happy that Fox never took that route. Now they have this all to themselves to make it right.
it's because Singer bailed, as he was apparently too good for X3 and decided to do Superman Returns oh and also fuck some kids

Cilogy wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 3:13 pm
LEXX wrote:
June 10th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Dobson wrote:
it's because Singer bailed, as he was apparently too good for X3 and decided to do Superman Returns oh and also fuck some kids
Seems to me Dark Phoenix was trying to do what Singer was doing during production until he dropped out. So pretty much "The Last Stand" and "Dark Phoenix" is just building Jean Grey character/power before introducing the Shi'ar Empire. So pretty much the franchise became a mess when they decided to reboot it with First Class from scratch and using Days Of Future Past to right the wrong on "The Last Stand" but fuck it up again with Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

How ‘X-Men 3′ Could’ve Looked With Bryan Singer.