Elizabeth Debicki joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
That's too bad, I was hoping she would be able to do both. Lovecraft Country is a great book and I am really looking forward to HBO's adaptation.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 4:54 pm
Discussing Film - Elizabeth Debicki Leaves HBO’s ‘Lovecraft Country’ Due To Scheduling Conflicts (EXCLUSIVE) (May 13, 2019)
‘Lovecraft Country’ is a upcoming HBO drama/horror television series which is based on Matt Ruff’s book of the same. It’s easy to say when looking at the talent behind the screen on this HBO series, audiences are in for a treat. This is because behind the camera, an all-star executive producer team has been assembled featuring J.J. Abrams, Jordan Peele, Yann Demange, Ben Stephenson and Misha Green. Two names that may be of peak interest are Jordan Peele and J.J. Abrams. This is Jordan Peele’s next project following the success of ‘Us’ and his reboot of ‘The Twilight Zone’ for CBS All Access, as for J.J. Abrams, his production company Bad Robot is one of three production companies behind the series alongside Warner Bros Television and Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions.

[...]
thats too bad
One name that was included on the cast was Elizabeth Debicki who is known for her roles in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2’ and ‘The Cloverfield Paradox’, she will also star in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film. She was once attached to ‘Lovecraft Country’ in the role of Christina Braithwhite however we were told that unfortunately, she had to depart the HBO series due to scheduling conflicts. We reached out to HBO and below is their statement regarding Elizabeth Debicki’s exit from the series.

Due to scheduling conflicts that arose before the start of production, Elizabeth Debicki is no longer in the cast of HBO’s drama series ‘Lovecraft Country.’ The role of Christina Braithwhite is being recast.

It is currently unknown when ‘Lovecraft Country’ will begin airing on HBO however, we will likely see the series sometime between 2019 and 2020.

The London-based Australian actress is currently staying in L.A. as she preps for “Tenet,” her film with Nolan, the director behind 2000’s “Memento,” 2010’s “Inception” and 2017’s “Dunkirk.” Like most Nolan films, little is known about “Tenet,” which stars Debicki, John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine. According to a Hollywood Reporter story, the film is “a globe-trotting adventure” that involves “the time continuum.” However, Debicki remained mum about her role and the film’s subject.

“I can tell you absolutely nothing,” she said. “Literally nothing.”

But has she met her cast mates? Seen a script? And does she know anything about the production schedule? “Yes, yes and yes,” she said. “I’m sort of pinching myself on a daily basis, but I am entirely sworn to secrecy — now and forever.”

Debicki was more forthcoming while discussing Nolan.

“The thing I’m most looking forward to is being in proximity with his mind,” she said. “I have been a huge fan of his work since I can remember. His contribution to film is seminal. … He is a genius so to be able to work with him is a total privilege.”
https://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-e ... story.html

Insomniac wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
The London-based Australian actress is currently staying in L.A. as she preps for “Tenet,” her film with Nolan, the director behind 2000’s “Memento,” 2010’s “Inception” and 2017’s “Dunkirk.” Like most Nolan films, little is known about “Tenet,” which stars Debicki, John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine. According to a Hollywood Reporter story, the film is “a globe-trotting adventure” that involves “the time continuum.” However, Debicki remained mum about her role and the film’s subject.

“I can tell you absolutely nothing,” she said. “Literally nothing.”

But has she met her cast mates? Seen a script? And does she know anything about the production schedule? “Yes, yes and yes,” she said. “I’m sort of pinching myself on a daily basis, but I am entirely sworn to secrecy — now and forever.”

Debicki was more forthcoming while discussing Nolan.

“The thing I’m most looking forward to is being in proximity with his mind,” she said. “I have been a huge fan of his work since I can remember. His contribution to film is seminal. … He is a genius so to be able to work with him is a total privilege.”
https://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-e ... story.html
lovely woman

Production is really ramping up now

First post! Hello fellow Nolan fans. I've been a big fan of Christoper Nolan for years and years and I've also been a big fan of Elizabeth Debicki ever since I first saw her in The Great Gatsby back in 2013. Needless to say, I was super excited when Debicki was cast in Nolan's film and I have been mildly stalking these forums ever since. Anyway, I just thought some users might be interested in seeing the trailer for Debicki's new film, The Burnt Orange Heresy, so I thought I would share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PMAlfr ... ex=38&t=0s

marshallmurphy wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:36 pm
First post! Hello fellow Nolan fans. I've been a big fan of Christoper Nolan for years and years and I've also been a big fan of Elizabeth Debicki ever since I first saw her in The Great Gatsby back in 2013. Needless to say, I was super excited when Debicki was cast in Nolan's film and I have been mildly stalking these forums ever since. Anyway, I just thought some users might be interested in seeing the trailer for Debicki's new film, The Burnt Orange Heresy, so I thought I would share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PMAlfr ... ex=38&t=0s
Looks pretty good. Add it to my watchlist.

what a cast! looks terrific

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Looks pretty good. Add it to my watchlist.
It does look very good and Debicki looks like she's giving a great performance. I hope Nolan gives her a lot to do!

The Special One wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 4:52 pm
what a cast! looks terrific
I know! I love Claes Bang and you can never go wrong with Donald Sutherland. :D