The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Insomniac wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Why haven't I seen this photo of Nolan directing TDKR while eating pizza before? 8-)
Shooting Batman and eating pizza. I love this motherfucker :batman:

Ace

Has Nolan ever worn a pair of jeans or a t-shirt?? Or does he ever take the blazer off? :)

Yes to both.

Ace
lol at @Glenn__Kenny’s anecdote in @BrianRaftery’s best movie year ever about encountering a dejected christopher nolan on a sundance bus in 1999. don’t worry chris, i think your career ultimately ended up slightly better than the guys behind the blair witch project

https://twitter.com/nickusen/status/113 ... 30880?s=21

Ace wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 4:53 am
lol at @Glenn__Kenny’s anecdote in @BrianRaftery’s best movie year ever about encountering a dejected christopher nolan on a sundance bus in 1999. don’t worry chris, i think your career ultimately ended up slightly better than the guys behind the blair witch project

I love these bits about young Nolan in the hustle, reminds me of a story a college classmate of Chris told in a newspaper, about Nolan being very introverted, he thought that smoking was uncool despite people thinking it would make them look cool, and also makes me think about that interview with Hoyte, where he said that before his feature films he spent a lot of time depressed, alone in his apartment wanting so badly to make movies, i love that story because it resonates with me right now, although im no Hoyte, i feel the same urge to make films, shorts whatever, but for one reason or other can't right now.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:45 am
Ace wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 4:53 am

I love these bits about young Nolan in the hustle, reminds me of a story a college classmate of Chris told in a newspaper, about Nolan being very introverted, he thought that smoking was uncool despite people thinking it would make them look cool, and also makes me think about that interview with Hoyte, where he said that before his feature films he spent a lot of time depressed, alone in his apartment wanting so badly to make movies, i love that story because it resonates with me right now, although im no Hoyte, i feel the same urge to make films, shorts whatever, but for one reason or other can't right now.

do you have a link to that Hoyte interview?

Silfan wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 7:50 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 1:45 am

do you have a link to that Hoyte interview?
I`ll try to find it, i will post it here if i do.

@Silfan heres the interview of Hoyte that i talked about before.