Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Already missing Hans Zimmer

atilasantos wrote:
June 3rd, 2019, 8:53 am
Already missing Hans Zimmer
Same here....and with this weeks release of Dark Phoenix I will even more.

But on the other hand Im still looking forward to the new score.

Wonder how many if any of this crew changes are going to be permanent like Wally Pfister. Does anyone know what Pfister has been doing since Transcendance? If Ludwig is replacing Zimmer permanently—RIP, Hans Zimmer, 2005–2017.

Geoffrey wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 10:29 am
If Ludwig is replacing Zimmer permanently—RIP, Hans Zimmer, 2005–2017.
There is no way.

film is a freelance industry yall chill

Geoffrey wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 10:29 am
Wonder how many if any of this crew changes are going to be permanent like Wally Pfister. Does anyone know what Pfister has been doing since Transcendance? If Ludwig is replacing Zimmer permanently—RIP, Hans Zimmer, 2005–2017.
Pfister is currently directing commercials, and living a more relaxed life with his wife and kids, he pulled a bruce wayne on nolan, and blake being Hoyte.

Ace
The interviewer says he hopes Hans is doing Nolan’s next movie but Han says he couldn’t because he’s doing Dune.

@3:10

Hopefully, he'll be back then—or Ludwig turns out an equally great score under Nolan and it doesn't matter either way.

Ace
With the incredible line-up of talent involved in the upcoming film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic sci-fi novel, “Dune,” you would think that anyone and everyone in Hollywood would kill to be part of the production. But for composer Hans Zimmer, the choice to do “Dune” meant that he was going to have to turn his back on one of his biggest collaborators, Christopher Nolan.

However, as explained to us in a new interview, Zimmer’s choice between working on ‘Dune’ or working with Nolan on the upcoming ‘Tenet’ had more to do with his childhood than with which project he thinks will ultimately work best. In fact, as much as he loves Nolan (and it’s clear that he does), the composer just couldn’t turn his back on the chance to score one of his childhood favorite novels.

“‘Dune’ is one of my favorite books from my teenage years and I love Denis Villeneuve, obviously,” explained Zimmer.

He goes on to talk about how he loves working with the film’s editor Joe Walker, with their collaborations dating back to the ‘80s. Zimmer also mentions something that should prove interesting when listening to his work on “Dune,” he’s never seen the David Lynch-directed version of the film from 1984.

“It almost feels like family,” he added. “And I never saw the original ‘Dune’ movie, and so, I’m coming at this in a fresh way, just from the book.”

Ultimately, it sounds as if there was no choice for Zimmer, as he concluded, “I have to do it.”

Zimmer wants to stress that there’s no strife between himself and Nolan, and he thinks that the filmmaker will be “just fine” with the addition of Ludwig Göransson as the composer for ‘Tenet.’
https://theplaylist.net/hans-zimmer-dun ... -20190716/
Last edited by Ace on July 16th, 2019, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.