TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
What are the confirmed shooting days in Tallinn? I thought that I could search the forum, but maybe someone has the dates written down?

Oku
The Special One wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Ace wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Translated article about filming in Tallinn.
Producer Ivo Felt, who is a partner in this project

Felt was on the air of Äripäev radio and opened the veil of secrecy on the film.

The following is an excerpt from an interview with Ivo Felt.

What is the role of Estonia in this film? Maybe the final version gets only eight seconds?

No. In Estonia, they will shoot some very important scenes, and what is important, they will shoot Estonia, that is, Tallinn will be Tallinn on the screen. We will really see Tallinn and we will know that this is Tallinn.

If the film crew is interested in architecture, which area is Old Town or even Lasnamäe?

Various. I can only say that we will not shoot in the Old Town.
https://www.dv.ee/intervju/2019/05/29/s ... u-milliony
Good stuff, thanks for posting
Wow, some spot-on questions there.

Whoever conducted this interview has probably been burned by a Hollywood production in the past, with promises made that the city would be featured prominently only for it to be for "eight seconds" and then labeled in-universe as another city. :lol:

TheMan wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 1:33 pm
külmavana wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:14 pm
Not big news but couple of screenshots can be found here.
https://kinoveeb.delfi.ee/uudised/fotod ... d=86362961

News reads that it has been confirmed that preparations are being made for a movie set but it's not confirmed what movie it is. But as journalist says its not hard to put together what movie it is going to be. Looks like they are building some kind of ramp for some reason.
Inside info: Yes, this set is for TENET.
All-Film's preparations begin tomorrow before the arrival of the crew on the 6th.
Huh, so no working title this time around?

Nomis wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 2:14 pm
Old Town looks pretty beautiful. A pity they won't shoot there.
Yeah it's even more of a fascinating mystery now as to where they will be filming, because I'm sure 99.9% of us expected that it would be Old Town.

i had a dream that this movie opens in a cold snowy ext. mountainous region with Nolan himself reading poetry in French, and then he goes inside to recruit the spy team

so if that happens, i want the credit

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 3:16 pm
i had a dream that this movie opens in a cold snowy ext. mountainous region with Nolan himself reading poetry in French, and then he goes inside to recruit the spy team

so if that happens, i want the credit
nice

külmavana wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:14 pm
Looks like they are building some kind of ramp for some reason.
Assuming this is for a dolly/tracking shot of people/someone walking into the auditorium.

Found this article with information about the filming in Mumbai, don't know how reliable it is.

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/enter ... 568352.cms

I'm have trouble pasting it but the key part of the article says Nolan will be filming in September in mainly South Mumbai around the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel, and Colaba Market. It will be 7-8 day shoot with a major chase sequence being filmed!

It also says the film is shooting in the US at the moment.

I hope it's a foot chase. Feels like Nolan has done enough car shit, and the Mombasa foot chase in Inception was too short.

Plus Washington is a former American football player, right?

Insomniac wrote:
May 30th, 2019, 6:30 am
I hope it's a foot chase. Feels like Nolan has done enough car shit, and the Mombasa foot chase in Inception was too short.

Plus Washington is a former American football player, right?
Momento, Insomnia, and Inception all have on-foot chases, while the only car chases are in The Dark Knight Trilogy and Inception. The chases though are mostly unconventional in the case of The Dark Knight and its sequel in that they use a Tumblr and The Bat. In Inception, the chase is extremely elongated and intercut with the deeper dream levels.

I wouldn't mind an actual, proper car chase. It's not like an on-foot chase hasn't been done before, but I'm not opposed to it either.

The Mombasa chase was a good length. It didn't overstay its welcome like some in the Mssion: Impossible series.

I know this might be extremely controversial, but I enjoyed the action scenes in Nolan films (TDK car chase for example) much, much better than the Paris chase scene in MI:Fallout. It was actually quite a letdown for me and it's difficult to grasp exactly why I felt that it was underwhelming. The choreography itself was great, I guess, but the way it LOOKED and felt on the big screen was just... far from my expectations.

I just got the 100% confirmation that I will be an extra from 17-19th of June.
I'll try to soak in as much as possible and then report back to you guys :)