Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm not sure I agree with this Bran/Iron Throne theory, or if it's a good thing at all. Of course it makes sense if the whole prophecy about Bran simply ended with the Night King, and him being this kind of Messianic figure (not sure where that leaves Jon who was conceived out of actual prophecy) destined to end the Long Night. However, trying to connect it to the Iron Throne goes against everything we know about Westeros, its politics, and its rulers. The fight for the Iron Throne, or politics in Westeros in general has always been presented in very realistic (some might say even brutal), rational terms; and that also contributed to why they had so much issues mobilizing against the Night King, and his threat, who epitomize magic. It's no surprise it had to take Jon Snow, and Daenerys, who came from beyond Westeros, and with dragons, to come together to defeat them. Even Aegon the Conqueror whose ancestors left Valyria because of prophecy conquered Westeros simply because he had more firepower.

Even if we assume there is a first for everything, and someone destined for the Iron Throne will rule finally - there is no guarantee that this will be good for Westeros, either in the short or long term, and the creators didn't even bother to try to show us this. Even Tyrion's pitch for Bran was laughable, and are we meant to believe all these Lords of Westeros have suddenly had an epiphany? What happens when Bran dies? And I'm willing to give his reign the benefit of the doubt, despite the fact that he had no interest in ruling, and left matters up to Tyrion. And finally, if Bran knew all of this, then he let Daenerys kill tens of thousands so he could be ruler? That to me makes him no better than Daenerys who at least did it to save millions, and actually had a better shot at making the world a better place.

Also: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/26/1 ... n-daenerys

Has anyone seen The Last Watch yet?

I think it's a missed opportunity. All those inside the episode and the game revealed handled the making of much better imo.

2 hours of costume fittings and producer this and location that. I guess if you’re into that, you’ll enjoy the doc. But I wanted more than 2 minutes of quick cuts (for that table read that I was hyped to see). Or just Kit’s farewell on set. I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character. Let’s see every major actor say good bye (I mean, we KNOW they filmed it). At the very least release the table reads on the blu ray series box set or some shit. It was boring tbh. Still no inside the episode for the most important episode.

Well the thing is, we got quite a lot of that with the game revealed episodes... I wish it was more of that and especially more of the makers themselves and more of the cast and crew. Of course, like I said, we got that already but I hoped this would focus a lot on the final episode. Since there were no inside the episode/game revealed of that episode.

It's fun seeing everything that goes with costume fittings and all but in the end it was very much for that one extra. It's fun, but not what I expected of this making of.

shauner111 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 6:22 pm
I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character.
Where can I find that BB doc?!

I just like to think Inside the Episode 806 was cancelled because Benioff or Weiss said something in the vein of Well Dany...kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron's forces

It became such a popular meme that I think maybe some random line from one of them could have started another polemic and HBO wanted to protect them lol

Conspiracy theory of the day, but it just feels weird they didn't make one for the final one

Or, like most series finales, they wanted radio silence afterwards so the finale could stand on its own?

-Vader

yeah it's probably that^

Pioneerr wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:16 am
shauner111 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 6:22 pm
I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character.
Where can I find that BB doc?!
It’s a part of the blue ray box set for the series. Can’t find it online, but I’m sure it’s around somewhere. Feel like watching it again.