Chernobyl (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The invisible enemy.
It really breaks my heart how the firemen went straight to the debris without being told what they were dealing with. The three men who went to the basement knew they we're putting their lives in great danger. People who worked at the plant knew the risks but the firemen had no idea how dangerous it was.
Chernobyl and anything nuclear always seemed so fascinating to me so this show is just perfect. Love the dark tone and atmosphere, and the brutality of its storytelling.

The podcast is great too. Waiting for episode 4.

The despair in this show is so well-framed.

Terrifying and disturbing show.

Well, if you thought episode 3 was overwhelming...
you're not ready for episode 4!

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 8:59 pm
The invisible enemy.
It really breaks my heart how the firemen went straight to the debris without being told what they were dealing with. The three men who went to the basement knew they we're putting their lives in great danger. People who worked at the plant knew the risks but the firemen had no idea how dangerous it was.
This is what broke my heart the most.
I really feel for everyone who had to deal with this, from the staff to liquidators, everyone, but the first responding firefighters straight up were sent to their deaths for NOTHING, and I just can’t. Fucking delusional Dyatlov called for a fire brigade, what the fuck were those boys supposed to do. That was really hard to watch.

Ruth wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 5:46 am
This is what broke my heart the most.
I really feel for everyone who had to deal with this, from the staff to liquidators, everyone, but the first responding firefighters straight up were sent to their deaths for NOTHING, and I just can’t. Fucking delusional Dyatlov called for a fire brigade, what the fuck were those boys supposed to do. That was really hard to watch.
It's crazy how many deaths could've been prevented had the higher ups admitted that they fucked up. Starting with the idiot Dyatlov. I'm still processing the fact the explosion happened after they shut down the reactor, like what would've happened if they didn't hit the AZ-5 button?

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 1:56 pm
It's crazy how many deaths could've been prevented had the higher ups admitted that they fucked up. Starting with the idiot Dyatlov. I'm still processing the fact the explosion happened after they shut down the reactor, like what would've happened if they didn't hit the AZ-5 button?
Also, remember, it's not so much due to the failure of individuals, but of the entire institution. The Soviets man...

Numbers wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 5:20 pm
Also, remember, it's not so much due to the failure of individuals, but of the entire institution. The Soviets man...
Yeah they're unbelievable. The fact that even after the whole world knew about the incident, they were still trying to cover things up and weren't honest with the Germans. The show made me wanna learn more about the Soviet Union and Communism.

Posting this here since I don't think a section for "fan made" music exists.

Composed a track inspired by Chernobyl.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 6:42 pm
The show made me wanna learn more about the Soviet Union and Communism.
That's a fascinating rabbit hole to go down. I'd encourage it.

It was such an insane situation. Even more so how the Soviets tried to keep face... So ridiculous. So many lives, humans and animals, lost. The radiation levels are absolutely insane.
I love what this show is accomplishing. Shedding some serious lights on the events and doing so in a meticulous manner. It's real life horror.