Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:57 am
She apologized for her D&D comments and she's super hyped for Wilde's movie. She's just showing support for her film.
Lowkey if someone was supporting my film, I'd want them to talk about why mine was special to them instead of comparing it to another film/slamming another filmmaker.
She's liked a ton of tweets that were singing praises for the film. That's just one of the tweets she liked, probably mindlessly.

Lol, I’m def being petty.

This article does not paint her in a good light:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/anna ... 202975648/

Look, I’m happy she’s financed these movies but I really don’t have that much respect for her in general and she comes off spoiled (duh) and entitled. Vader’s right though I should not take this out on Olivia Wilde (female filmmaker) and the cast.

It paints her in a bad business light, but in a positive artistic one. She finances these hugely ambitious art house movies with bigger budgets than anyone else in the industry.

The Master, Inherent Vice, and Phantom Thread would probably not exist, at least with such lavish productions, without her.

-Vader

When the articles mention Ailes, well, he's mentioned in Vice, and not in a good way, so I doubt the biopic was dropped based on political reasons.
Yet it is strange to criticize people for being sexist when your dad is friend with Murdoch, the devil himself.

Vader182 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 4:53 pm
It paints her in a bad business light, but in a positive artistic one. She finances these hugely ambitious art house movies with bigger budgets than anyone else in the industry.

The Master, Inherent Vice, and Phantom Thread would probably not exist, at least with such lavish productions, without her.

-Vader
I’m more so referring to the part where it’s mentioned she goes “missing” randomly at the company. Apparently barely anyone works there anymore.

Also as much as I love some of these movies is it really admirable for her to recklessly spend her father’s money that she did nothing to earn? Love many of the movies she makes, she herself just massively rubs me the wrong way from what I gather.

high life is fucking weird

watch it

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 10:57 am
She apologized for her D&D comments and she's super hyped for Wilde's movie. She's just showing support for her film.
Lowkey if someone was supporting my film, I'd want them to talk about why mine was special to them instead of comparing it to another film/slamming another filmmaker.
"do you know what this is?" -steve buscemi

Vader182 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 7:44 pm

watch it

-Vader
Is it available to stream? How good is it? You’re being unusually vague lol.

Vader182 wrote:

watch it

-Vader
i knew nothing about it besides it featuring robert pattinson in space with a baby, so i had quite the experience

there’s some stuff in the middle act that i think you could take out and not change the film
that five minute sex dungeon sequence was wtf but maybe i’m being a prude
the ending made me cry, so that’s usually a sign it did something right

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 8:00 pm
Vader182 wrote:

watch it

-Vader
i knew nothing about it besides it featuring robert pattinson in space with a baby, so i had quite the experience

there’s some stuff in the middle act that i think you could take out and not change the film
that five minute sex dungeon sequence was wtf but maybe i’m being a prude
the ending made me cry, so that’s usually a sign it did something right
that dungeon scene was so haunting. The music, the movements, the way Binoche is framed was so hypnotic and strangely beautiful in it's own weird way. Unsettling but you can't take your eyes off it.
I still think about this film even after seeing it like 3 weeks ago. The morality of the situation, how they all interacted with each other, and just the idea of raising a child in isolation...such a great film that gets under your skin in the best way.