TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
SCORPIO16 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 am
Its a amazing coincidence that the 'Tenth' Feature from Nolan is titled as 'TENet'. Or is it? :gonf:
But this is his 11th feature...?

User of Interest wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 11:05 am
SCORPIO16 wrote:
Its a amazing coincidence that the 'Tenth' Feature from Nolan is titled as 'TENet'. Or is it? :gonf:
I was thinking the same thing as User of Interest when I made my first post-title-release post, but I questioned whether or not Following actually hit theaters, because frankly I do not know.

I'm sure it hit some film festivals and art houses and such, but was it a "wide release" of sorts as well? I was ten years old at the time and wouldn't've given two shits about knowing that kind of information.

SCORPIO16 wrote:
I messaged Brendan a similar thought earlier.

How likely is it that the teaser reveals the title

TENET

TENET

TENET

Placing some sort of significance on the word/number ten.

I don't think the title has anything to do with being Nolan's tenth film even if the film was his tenth and not eleventh. That meta, self-referential style is Tarantino's, not Nolan's. Nolan has never placed emphasis on the number of his films. It's more likely that on the nineth sequel they'll stylize it as "10NET" or "10ET" a hundred years from now.

Geoffrey wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am
I don't think the title has anything to do with being Nolan's tenth film even if the film was his tenth and not eleventh. That meta, self-referential style is Tarantino's, not Nolan's. Nolan has never placed emphasis on the number of his films. It's more likely that on the nineth sequel they'll stylize it as "10NET" or "10ET" a hundred years from now.
I mean, it doesn't hurt though either. It could just be one of those happy accidents.

Regardless, for the film's title I personally err more toward the actual word's meaning, its palindromic state, and as User of Interest mentioned earlier perhaps it has meaning with a person's name.

User of Interest wrote:
SCORPIO16 wrote:
Yeah but Tenet is a much better title than Elevenevele.
Geoffrey wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 11:43 am
That meta, self-referential style is Tarantino's, not Nolan's.
It would mostly be a reference to Fellini.

Demoph wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:17 pm
User of Interest wrote:
SCORPIO16 wrote:
Yeah but Tenet is a much better title than Elevenevele.
:lol:

Demoph wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 6:13 am
An attempt at guessing billing order
"Warner Bros presents A Christopher Nolan Film John David Washington Elizabeth Debicki Robert Pattinson Tenet Aaron Taylor Johnson Dimple Kapadia Clémence Poésy with Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine."
the_red_ninja wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 4:06 am
Any chance they will be shooting in Africa?
I hope so, I'd love for the film to be shot in Senegal, Kenya... But I don't think it will happen. Out of the seven countries, we have Ireland, UK, Estonia, Italy, India, and they will probably shoot in the US at some point, which would leave us with one unknown country...
1- Ireland
2- England
3- Estonia
4- Ravello, Italy
5- India
6- Norway
7- Greece