TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collins wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 6:18 am
Norway
Do we know where in Norway?

Bacon wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:49 am
Mendes' 1712.
- The War of the Spanish Succession

Andrew Scott as the Duke of Marlborough

hello everyone found that

tenet
/ˈtɛnɪt/
noun
a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.
"the tenets of classical liberalism"
synonymes : principle, belief, doctrine, precept, creed, credo, article of faith, dogma, canon, rule; Plus
Traduire "tenet" en
noun
1. principe
2. doctrine

Nolan choosing his locations in Eastern Europe and India while a good many of members here are from those areas is an interesting coincidence.

Was hoping for a Bale return but, oh well. Still excited.

Geoffrey wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 11:06 pm
cclem wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 6:18 pm
Espionage sounds awesome. Its gotta be really different than Inception though. If it becomes some watered-down version with worse acting, I'll be pretty bummed. Going to be hard to top the Leo/Hardy/JGL combo in that type of genre.
There's very little chance, but it could be an international espionage movie in the same universe as Inception, using the same technology.
That would be awfully cheesy. I hope it doesn't feel anything like Inception, or Bond, or Interstellar. If it's more time period pieces, with elements of time travel, there's hope. I just thought he would veer hard left and this feels like comfort zone. :think:

I've tried to let the title Tenet sink in a little ... and I don't know if I'm feeling it. Just being honest. My opinion. It doesn't seem very marketable for a big summer event film. It's not very catchy and doesn't roll off the tongue. It's kind of awkward and not memorable. I can see average moviegoers having trouble remembering it when they walk up to the ticket counter. But... In Nolan I Trust. He chose the title because it fits the piece. And after more time passes maybe it'll feel like a more common word. But right now it feels very "foreign" and might turn people off.

Angus wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 10:50 am
I've tried to let the title Tenet sink in a little ... and I don't know if I'm feeling it. Just being honest. My opinion. It doesn't seem very marketable for a big summer event film. It's not very catchy and doesn't roll off the tongue. It's kind of awkward and not memorable. I can see average moviegoers having trouble remembering it when they walk up to the ticket counter. But... In Nolan I Trust. He chose the title because it fits the piece. And after more time passes maybe it'll feel like a more common word. But right now it feels very "foreign" and might turn people off.
I'd hate to admit it but I agree. I'll get used to it though, still feels weird having an actual title now.

Its a amazing coincidence that the 'Tenth' Feature from Nolan is titled as 'TENet'. Or is it? :gonf: