Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
No Zimmer :cry:
I hope it’s breakup but because of scheduling.

Sysmatic wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 1:43 pm
in b4 Bacon jizzes his pants here
I love Ludwig's work with Donald Glover, but, honestly, the dude hasn't done a memorable movie score out of all the stuff he's done. No movie score he's done has been bad, and they've all fit the film well, but it'll be interesting to see how Nolan (hopefully) gets him to push his limits

Wakanda from BP is great tho. Gotta listen the rest of the score.
Zimmer or not, it’s gonna be a NOLAN score lol. I hope he gives a big assignment/challenge. Man I hope Dunkirk didn’t break Zimmer/Nolan’s relationship because that score must have been hard to make.

Oku
The news that we all felt was coming but didn't want to admit.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:02 pm
Man I hope Dunkirk didn’t break Zimmer/Nolan’s relationship because that score must have been hard to make.
Dunkirk's score was also half-written by Benjamin Walfisch right?

Once you turn down Nolan you're out. No hard feelings.

Zimmer is gone. His students has been doing most of his work anyway.

Bacon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 1:57 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 1:43 pm
in b4 Bacon jizzes his pants here
I love Ludwig's work with Donald Glover, but, honestly, the dude hasn't done a memorable movie score out of all the stuff he's done. No movie score he's done has been bad, and they've all fit the film well, but it'll be interesting to see how Nolan (hopefully) gets him to push his limits
Oh yeah shit, I forgot Glover isn't part of it :lol:

Bacon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:03 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:02 pm
Man I hope Dunkirk didn’t break Zimmer/Nolan’s relationship because that score must have been hard to make.
Dunkirk's score was also half-written by Benjamin Walfisch right?
No. According to the cuesheet, he only worked on the orchestral cues featuring Elgar’s theme so basically whenever a variation of “Variation 15” plays it’s Wallfisch.
It’s a Zimmer score but of course he had help from his team which understandable.
Lorne Balfe worked on a few cues and supervised the score when Zimmer was on tour.

It blows my mind what they did with Dunkirk and wished to see where they could go next, oh well.

Also, surprised it’s not Balfe. No one from RCP either.

I'm listening to Ludwig's score for the Death Wish remake, and holy shit, this is the man for the job. He was born to score a Nolan film.

High key disappointed that it's not Zimmer who's working with him. I just hope that it's a momentary separation due to schedule conflict (Zimmer's working on 4 upcomig major films) and not the end of their work relationship or anything. :/

I'm curious to hear Goransson's work for Nolan tho.