The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's good that he's a young actor. He still has a career ahead of himself. I never liked the idea of casting a forty-year-old Batman in a franchise that is meant to last long. Unless it's Jon Hamm, of course, because Jan Hamm would be the greatest Batman ever. But Patt is a nice choice, anyway.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on May 17th, 2019, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y’know, everything I’ve seen of Hamm outside of Mad Men suggests... otherwise :?

Baines wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:19 am
Y’know, everything I’ve seen of Hamm outside of Mad Men suggests... otherwise :?
how would having a bad agent or not being able to pick suitable projects would suggest Hamm doesn’t have what it takes to pull off Batman lol?

Obviously Pattinson is going to be great as Batman too.

Baines wrote:
Meaning the films or his performances?

He's a good if not great actor but it makes sense Reeves wants a younger Batman if he, you know, tells a story about a young Batman lol.

I hope we get some confirmation soon. Seems like Aaron Taylor Johnson and Armie Hammer are still in the mix if a multi-picture deal doesn't come through with Pattinson. Or is that old news already?

Ruth wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:28 am
how would having a bad agent or not being able to pick suitable projects would suggest Hamm doesn’t have what it takes to pull off Batman lol?c
Nomis wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:32 am
Meaning the films or his performances?

He's a good if not great actor but it makes sense Reeves wants a younger Batman if he, you know, tells a story about a young Batman lol.
I mean his performances. I’m not crazy about the films overall either (Baby Driver, Beirut, Bad Times at the El Royale.)

If you like him, that’s fine, and I do still like him a bit but... he’s not the actor I thought he was.

Opinions, opinions.

I think he has the right amount of menace in The Town. I love that scene in the interrogation room.

Outside of that and his chiseled look though, I don't think he's a Batman that Reeves is trying to bring in, especially given his age. Ask again when they are looking toward a Dark Knight Returns kind of story line.

Baines wrote:
Oh, really? Hmm... So if we go by that logic, then, everything we had seen of Downey Jr. before IM (Gothika, Shaggy Dog) also tells a different story than what we're seeing now with him. Or Chris Evans, even a better example. The dude didn't star in one decent movie throughout his career before being cast as Cap. He was never a leading man in anything. However, Hamm played a dual, sleazy businessman with a tragic past in Mad Men, and played it well. And he also looks like an Alex Ross painting of Bruce Wayne. So yeah, excuse me for putting two and two together and thinking, "Oh, wow, this guy could've been a great Batman."

Last edited by Batman's Batman on May 17th, 2019, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.