Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku

Oku wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:48 am
Vader182 wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm
https://twitter.com/mattzollerseitz/sta ... 3282883584

MZS on the case to explain what I've been trying to get at for the last two days.

-Vader
Not working; what did he say?
That the point B to which Dany arrives is coherent but that the road from point A to point B is not well drawn, which makes arriving at point B less compelling, though in the end, he still considers The Bells as a great episode. That people mix the coherence of point B, and the way you reach point B. To sum up with a geometrical analogy.
Subjectively I disagree because it worked for me on first viewing (I was moved by the brutality of the change of focus in the middle of the episode, and didn't feel it was misplaced on the moment), but I agree that if the rythm hadn't been so rushed, especially in episode 4, it would have worked for more people. But I also agree with Allstar when he says that even if it was the ninth episode of the season, it would still be very controversial.

I hope they'll address that not everyone
in the North will condemn Daenerys' actions in King's Landing. Since even the Northerners continued fighting after Grey Worm shot a knight in the back and Daenerys started lighting it up after the bells rang. The North has lost the war of the Five Kings, which had Rob and co slaughtered by Lannisters (and Bolton and his culprit son were bad for the North afterwards) and they had gotten no help from Queen Cersei when they had to fight the Night King and his undead army.

Although Jon, Arya, Bran and Sansa will obviously be anti-Daenerys from now on. Guess that matters more than the Northern people, but they remember.

Only two officially released stills for the final episode (which are part of the teaser trailer):

wtf happened to the snow before?

i uh don’t think that’s snow

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 8:40 pm
wtf happened to the snow before?

o

I think an important reason for
Dany's action is Sansa's betrayal. She came up North, played a major part in saving the North, and yet was immediately betrayed by Sansa, and it was logical for her to assume that it would be even worse in King's landing, where the population had been fed lies about her for months/years. Sansa's actions very much justify her considering that she can only rule through fear, and that she needs to demonstrate her strength, and end her reputation as a merciful leader. I hope the show will not forget to confront Sansa to this result of her actions. Sansa played the game quite as cynically as Littlefinger.
I began the season rooting for
Tyrion and Sansa, now I'm rooting for Tyrion and Arya. I don't want Arya to get the throne, but I want her to fully embrace her humanity, and get an "happily ever after"
I'd hope since last episode was about
deconstructing Dany's heroic journey, that next episode will be about deconstructing Jon's heroic journey.
Last edited by Demoph on May 16th, 2019, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.