Untitled Star Wars Film (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RJ's trilogy is still happening, Benioff and Weiss' trilogy is (obviously) happening. They are different trilogies.

one always had to come before the other

it's nice to know which is which, but this is barely news.

My guess is RJ's movies will start in the "off" D&D years, maybe with a non-December release date so it doesn't cannibalize Avatar.

-Vader

So a Star Wars movie every year from 2022 to 2027? I expected Rian's trilogy to start only after D&D's is finished.

-Vader

B&W was announced as a "series" rather than a trilogy no?

Also Alan Taylor's GOT episodes were great. Some guys are just better suited for the small screen

Get Sapochnik and I'm in.

tbh I want Djawadi for Star Wars even more than Sapochnik

I was wondering if Dwajadi's style would work with SW, he's much more inspired by Zimmer (obviously) but also Horner or Shore than by Williams (or Silvestri, Giacchino) imo.
It would definitely bring the saga in other territories considering how important the music is. But maybe, that's the best way to go after Williams leave, and with a completely original story.

Two trilogies? I’m not complaining but I definitely don’t want to wait till 2027 to see it.

Dobson wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 2:34 pm
So a Star Wars movie every year from 2022 to 2027? I expected Rian's trilogy to start only after D&D's is finished.
If it doesn't then we'll get two Star Wars trilogies in that time span or it starts later in the 2020s lol

There's a lot of buzz in the media that Rian Johnson's trilogy is pretty much dead. It wouldn't really surprise me but it also wouldn't surprise me if they came back to him after the whole Last Jedi controversy quiets down. Right now there's been a resurgence of Prequel fans and I think the same will happen for the Sequel Trilogy in about 10-15 years time.