Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
we could've had a nolan trojan horse movie?

i don't know how i feel about that tbh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pratham wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 1:10 pm
we could've had a nolan trojan horse movie?

i don't know how i feel about that tbh :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Nolan/Benioff collaboration? :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: There are some great ideas in Troy, and some not-so-good. But I don't see how Nolan would have handled it, so much CGI, sex, and all the things you don't find in his movies

Ace

Ace
James Grey
https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/ad-astra ... ssion=true
How would you feel, then, considering that Netflix and other streamers will play your movies at home, about making a movie for Netflix?

I would make a movie for Netflix. I have to say, a few years back, I was very anti-Netflix, but, the truth is, they are the ones taking the risks and making beautiful films. Why wouldn’t you make a movie with people who are taking risks? They play theatrically in the States, and that's fantastic. I don’t know if anyone else would have made Maestro Scorsese’s new film [the Irishman] as I hear the cut is three and a half hours, and that's a risk. We love that, and that’s Netflix. They gave the Maestro creative control.

Now, I'm friends with Chris Nolan, and he would scream at me for saying this, because he believes wholeheartedly in the theatre experience. In some kind of utopian world, I agree with him, and I love him for his dogmatic stance. But, if you're focussed on the initial release of the film, it’s really for yourself. If I asked you, "What were the domestic US grosses for Chinatown?" You couldn’t tell me. I couldn't tell me. The point being, the initial release of the film is for everyone’s ego and for the stockholders. Once that moment passes, the film becomes part of the culture, and everyone is going to watch it on their home screen anyway. So, if we take a longer view, I think we have to come to the conclusion that we support the people who make interesting work.

Ace
This is an old tweet but doesn’t sound like the actor Brian Cox likes Nolan’s bat films very much. :lol:

I just picture Logan Roy saying it.

Kathleen Kennedy:
"British filmmaking has always played a significant role in both my life and career. The boundless creative vision of artists such as Tom Stoppard, David Lean, Chris Nolan, Stephen Daldry and Peter Morgan continues to inspire me.
https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/pres ... en-kennedy

Robin wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 7:19 am
Kathleen Kennedy:
"British filmmaking has always played a significant role in both my life and career. The boundless creative vision of artists such as Tom Stoppard, David Lean, Chris Nolan, Stephen Daldry and Peter Morgan continues to inspire me.
https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/pres ... en-kennedy
I wonder how many times they approached Nolan to direct anything SW related :D