TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
COMING SOON

Nomis wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 2:05 pm
how can you even know that for sure lol
In the Estonian article : "A total of 1,500 people are allegedly searched."

I think it's important to note, things weren't as secretive regarding extras for TDK Trilogy or for Dunkirk because you kind of knew what you were getting ahead of time. You were getting Batman and a factual WWII event. There's not necessarily anything to "spoil" if you're an extra on the Dunkirk beach or a Rogues fan in the Heinz Field stadium in Pittsburgh. You literally see Bane walking out, Bane was announced as the villain, so you know the film is "Batman vs. Bane" at the minimum just by sitting in the stands or watching the City Hall fight. It was "safer" to expose the extras to this stuff. There's no "exclusive scoop" by seeing WWII fighter planes flying over you for the WWII movie.

So this film is technically a whole new deal. It wouldn't make sense to advertise for extras very openly. It's not familiar characters or a known historical event. Technically, this is completely different from Interstellar too, because I think the biggest "extras scene" was the New York Yankees game, right? And what was the biggest "extras scene" for Inception? There weren't many - not for significant crowds anyway.

They had no problem getting hundreds of extras for World War Z. Had them do some dangerous stunt work too.

In all seriousness, it really bummed me out that the TDKR football stadium scene didn't display a packed house. It really took me out of the scene, like in a big bad way. Nolan wouldn't resort to CGI fans or enough camera trickery to lend you to believe it was sold out, and based on the novelization that's exactly what it was intended to have.

Would have been nice to see more soldiers on the Dunkirk beaches too, as they had a lot of cardboard cutouts for that apparently as well.

I'm hoping they can get what they're hoping for here. Imagine if they only get a couple hundred.

That World War Z gif, lmao.

That movie is like a blueprint on how not to make a good movie.

Oku
I want the title to be dramatically revealed at the end of the teaser, like with Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

But the chances of that happening seem slim to zero.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 2:57 pm
They had no problem getting hundreds of extras for World War Z. Had them do some dangerous stunt work too.

In all seriousness, it really bummed me out that the TDKR football stadium scene didn't display a packed house. It really took me out of the scene, like in a big bad way. Nolan wouldn't resort to CGI fans or enough camera trickery to lend you to believe it was sold out, and based on the novelization that's exactly what it was intended to have.

Would have been nice to see more soldiers on the Dunkirk beaches too, as they had a lot of cardboard cutouts for that apparently as well.

I'm hoping they can get what they're hoping for here. Imagine if they only get a couple hundred.
I mean, can't you head-canon it as that particular match not being a packed house?

Changes happen from the page to the screen all the time; you can chalk it up as one of those changes.

Angus wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 3:09 pm
That World War Z gif, lmao.

That movie is like a blueprint on how not to make a good movie.
I liked World War Z and its fast, mass horde of zombies; it really set itself apart from the dozen other low/mid-budget zombie movies that got tiring quick.

Oku wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm
I mean, can't you head-canon it as that particular match not being a packed house?

Changes happen from the page to the screen all the time; you can chalk it up as one of those changes.
Of course they can. The impact feels very much lessened all the same, though. I just felt like he wasn't really talking to much of anybody.

TDKR had a big issue with Gotham not feeling like much of a character as it did in TDK, or even BB for that matter. For me, this was actually part of the reason why.

Insomniac wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:41 am

It's happening, baby!
Nathan Crowley is on the right.

Insomniac wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:41 am

It's happening, baby!

Anyhow, is that Hoyte on the left? Great to see Nathan Crowley back!