The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They do exist.

What exists? I have no idea what you're talking about :P

Penn on the "reboot"
“Can’t comment yet except to say that the words ‘reboot’ and ‘remake’ were from an article. Let’s stop responding to inaccurate news. All I can say at this point is no one could or should REBOOT the Matrix. People who know Animatrix and the comics understand. Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of The Matrix? Yes. Because it’s a brilliant idea that generates great stories. Look at what people are doing with Xmen universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me.”

Ace
The Wachowskis Said To Be Working On New Matrix Project

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... x-project/
This surprising development comes courtesy of an interview with John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum director Chad Stahelski (Keanu Reeves’ stunt double on all three Matrix movies, and stunt co-ordinator on the sequels), who told Yahoo Movies that Lana and Lilly Wachowski are dialling back into that green scrolling code. “I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” he said. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.” Stahelski said he was ‘unsure’ if the pair would direct the Matrix project, but added: “If they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

Project meaning new feature film, series or something? lol

I never really understood why the third one is regarded as one of the worst sequels ever made. Yeah, sure, I first saw it when was a kid, so maybe my nostalgia blinds me, but I can't for the love of god see how critics can say that Revolution is a terrible ending for the series while those same critics think movies like Iron Man 3 and Thor Ragnarok are good endings to their series's. I get it, critics almost always judge superhero movies differently than original movies, but seriously, even with that in mind, I think Revolution manages to close all of its lose ends and leave an emotional impact on everything, wheres those superhero movies I mentioned don't do that; they actually do the opposite. I mean, what are the problems? I heard some say that the ending sucks because it's just a big fight between Neo and Smith. Well, okay. But with that logic, Return of the King and Endgame suck ass, because they end with the exact same result.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on May 10th, 2019, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think people mostly dislike the third one because they spend a lot of time in Zion and not in the Matrix.

Ace wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 10:19 am
The Wachowskis Said To Be Working On New Matrix Project

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... x-project/
This surprising development comes courtesy of an interview with John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum director Chad Stahelski (Keanu Reeves’ stunt double on all three Matrix movies, and stunt co-ordinator on the sequels), who told Yahoo Movies that Lana and Lilly Wachowski are dialling back into that green scrolling code. “I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” he said. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.” Stahelski said he was ‘unsure’ if the pair would direct the Matrix project, but added: “If they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”
The first Matrix is all we need, Wachowskis. After Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending... Thanks, but no thanks.
Last edited by atilasantos on May 10th, 2019, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They need an amazing script and something creative this time around but I think this is a tough one to crack. I'm totally not interested in the Morpheus story at all.