Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 1:03 am
That may be what he ends up doing but D&D specifically stated in the inside the ep his reason is for his love and addiction to Cersei. So if he does it’s because he changes his mind...again.
Oh.. I don't watch the inside the eps cuz they just depress me.
That's fucking dumb. But hey, that's D&D for ya.

I really don't take what D&D says in those at face value.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 1:49 am
I really don't take what D&D says in those at face value.

-Vader
Hopefully you’re right and there is more context/nuance in the remaining two eps. I’ll keep an open mind.

I have zero emotions right now.
It's Dexter season 8 again.

I'm kind of grateful it's bad in a way that makes me laugh. I probably couldn't afford to be angry at this trainwreck.

It's a
transition episode
, so it was bound to have a strange rythm. I really liked most of it,
I found the twenty first minutes boring, until Dany and Jon's face to face, but I guess we had to go through it.
Varys and Tyrion discussions were the highlight. The great call-back to season 1 is Jon f-ing everything because, well, honour, just like Ned did. I went in rooting for Sansa more than Dany, and the episode changed my perspective. I understand Dany's anger, and am ready to see her in mad-mode. Also, maybe this is the only way to beat Cersei.
Cersei was always going to push her enemies in their darkest corners, and that's why she's such a great villain. Even if she's defeated, the price to pay may seem to much.
I like what they did with Jaime, I think life is much like that, you try, and try, and it only takes one choice, one minute, to fall again. Many people who die from an addiction die when they go back to it, one depressing night, after having done all the efforts to escape it. It's of course terribly frustrating to see Jamie go back, but it is the point.
I'm disappointed that like in season 7, probably for budget reason, we didn't get a good fight between ships. I guess because it's so different in terms of logistics, D&D'd rather rely on what they know they've mastered.

I'm starting to doubt that this show ends successfully.
Last edited by 4N Legend on May 6th, 2019, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

All my faith is in the last two episodes. If they can pull it off, many of the stumbles along the way will be forgiven but I get more nervous with each passing episode.

Don’t forget, they pulled Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter our right after one of the worst arcs of the entire show. Fingers crossed.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 4:21 am
All my faith is in the last two episodes. If they can pull it off, many of the stumbles along the way will be forgiven but I get more nervous with each passing episode.

Don’t forget, they pulled Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter our right after one of the worst arcs of the entire show. Fingers crossed.

-Vader
They didn't do this in Season 7 though.

Euron is such a shitty character, if you even want to call him that. He has done more harm to Dany than the Night King smh. He doesn't deserve to kill a dragon. Thanks, I hate it.

This is currently the lowest rated episode of GoT on imdb.