Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Don't really have time to read a wall of gibberish I'm afraid.£

Master Virgo wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 10:37 am
Don't really have time to read a wall of gibberish I'm afraid.£
:lol: How far we’ve come. :clap:

Enjoy the great divide or whatever the fuck.

Ruth wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 9:37 am
This discussion is getting toxic and I want no part in that, but I'm just curious - how else a scene like that should be incorporated into a movie like this to not seem "forced"?
Infinity War did it better. Or else it could a oner like first Avengers where we go from one Avenger to the next.

I think it felt forced because
how the fuck Captain Marvel needs their help? That lady destroys spaceships for shits and giggles without breaking a sweat. :lol:

m4st4 wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 9:57 am
Master Virgo wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 9:29 am
Fuck your sexist discussion. How's that for a contribution?£
...Why so sensitive? Blah Blah Blah.

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah. Really? How sensitive are we these days? Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah
LMFAO! This hilarious it is coming from MR.SENSITIVE himself.

Law wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 12:31 am
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 10:09 pm
Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about the
Women of Marvel scene

I think that scene went over most people at my showing, 'cause there wasn't much of a reaction.
Probably because people were too busy rolling their eyes

LucianoGotti wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 2:34 am
Guess I'm one of the few who loved it...
Not sure if you're being sarcastic. This movie can end up being the highest-grossing film of all time in less than two weeks and it's currently rated 9 out of 10 on IMDB. Clearly you're not one of the few.

Ruth wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 9:37 am
This discussion is getting toxic and I want no part in that, but I'm just curious - how else a scene like that should be incorporated into a movie like this to not seem "forced"? What does "forced" even mean in a context like this? Because to me it just sounds like an empty word people like to throw around when they don't explicitly hate something, but they also don't like it and are looking for excuses to legitimize their stance on that.

I guess when we've had the privilege to spend decades surrounded (not "forced"!) by almost exclusively male focused entertainment in media, a sequence that lasts less than a minute, is probably the greatest offender
someone frame this thanks

PS it makes total sense to me the women in a team would love to rally together at times, especially if there’s fewer of them than men. Nothing forced about it at all. Even if it is a forced “girl power” moment, why can’t that be any less awesome than Thor or Cap showing off their abilities?

-Vader

Just realized something about this scene
the women band together to protect Peter Parker while he's down. The women are fighting together to help protect a dude and dudes are bitching about this scene left and right all over the internet.

So even when there is a girl power moment that serves a boy, people will still find reason to complain.

I thought the scene was powerful and I loved how it was framed. And the women coming together to protect Peter is very sweet and shows what a team should be. I hate that a moment of wholesome goodness is being ruined by toxic discussion.

Batman's Batman wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm
LucianoGotti wrote:
Not sure if you're being sarcastic. This movie can end up being the highest-grossing film of all time in less than two weeks and it's currently rated 9 out of 10 on IMDB. Clearly you're not one of the few.
I was referring to the previous posts regarding...
the scene where all the female heroes of the MCU line up. More specifically I was saying i guess I'm one of the few on this forum who didn't take issue with it and loved it

LucianoGotti wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm
LucianoGotti wrote:
I was referring to the previous posts regarding...
the scene where all the female heroes of the MCU line up. More specifically I was saying i guess I'm one of the few on this forum who didn't take issue with it and loved it
Uh... Okay. I thought that scene was trash, personally. But I'm glad you loved it.