Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 12:05 am
Endgame was better than this ep Batfan. Deal with it.
By the time you finish that movie once I will have been able to watch this episode twice and gotten 10 times more out of it tbh.

This was fucking phenomenal.

And I think some of you should adjust the settings on your tv, because I had no trouble seeing everything.

Really cool episode but
They had been building Jon vs Night King showdown for several seasons and it looked like it was going to happen in this episode but they just change it at the last minute to Arya which makes no sense. Bran magically walking again and stabbing the Night King would've been better. :facepalm:
Also
Literally no one important the story on the living side died which kinda dampens the dramatic weight of the episode. It was basically just a really cool spectacle.
I thought we were going to find out some backstory about the Night King? Does it really make sense in these last few episodes to re-visit that? I guess we'll see.

just explained how it wasn't a "last minute" thing, for better or worse.

also:
I see a darkness in you,” she says. “And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. We will meet again.”
-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 12:07 am
Cilogy wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 11:51 pm
Editing was great

Somethings looked beautiful on screen, like
the dragon fight above the clouds
Also lol at
Red Woman basically telling Arya "hey so, just go kill the Night King" and she just says "ok lol" and just does it? I mean, there's no drama there. Isn't that a deus ex machina
There's been a lot to set up Arya striking the killing blow. All the dagger trading for one, but more importantly, Beric was brought back by the Lord of Light for a reason, both in the past and in S3, and he rescued Arya not only then but in this episode. Same with the Lord of Light not being done with The Hound.

Not to mention the Red Woman telling she could see a darkness and "blue eyes" in Arya way back in Season 3.

Still mixed on how I feel about it. Will need time to process it.

-Vader
I can understand that, but
it just seems it came at a weird time, for some reason. Like it felt executed poorly.

Whether or not it feels underwhelming is something I'm still wrapping my head around. Just saying there's a lot of setup for this.

I'm going to need to see the rest of the season to decide, probably.

light spoilers but lol from RJ:
@rianjohnson
2m2 minutes ago
More
Goddammit I had this whole amazing night king theory

-Vader

Hahahaha... I've finally started Season 7 today. Yes, I'm lazy and late to the party, but it seems like there's going to be no escaping the onslaught of spoilers for this week's episode. Only got 6 more episodes till I'll be up to date and finally join in the conversation.

A bit disappointing.
Didn't make any freaking sense at all to only have Theon and his tiny crews to protect Bran and lure in The Night King. Is the Night King supposed to kill Bran only and the night walkers are just there to clear room for him? If so Theon sacrifices himself for nothing. I can't believe they couldn't come up with a better trap for the night King and just shoot arrows at him with dragonglass blades. I mean the way Arya kill the Night King was just too damn easy. How did Arya got through and sneak up on them? Does she even have the ability to disguised herself as one of the night walker or something? I mean the battle for the Seven Kingdom doesn't mean crap anymore after this episode for me since the show kinda climax with this one.

Reading some of the comments on the IGN review. Tons and tons saying, “worst episode ever” and “huge disappointment” and all I can do is laugh. A lot of these posts reek of being disappointed because their theories or other fan’s of the series theories didn’t come to fruition.
One said, “after all this the Night King was killed with a tiny dagger”. If you can’t recognize the significance of it I don’t even want to hear your criticisms. It just seems like some callbacks/stuff in general went way over some people’s heads when it shouldn’t have.
My point, could some parts be improved? Yes. Even if those parts were improved, would there still be a lot of b****ing about it? Yeah, because there are so many varying opinions on who should die, who deserves more screen time, who deserves the bigger role in the scheme of things that it’s impossible to please everyone.

PowerDump wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 3:35 am
Reading some of the comments on the IGN review. Tons and tons saying, “worst episode ever” and “huge disappointment” and all I can do is laugh. A lot of these posts reek of being disappointed because their theories or other fan’s of the series theories didn’t come to fruition.
One said, “after all this the Night King was killed with a tiny dagger”. If you can’t recognize the significance of it I don’t even want to hear your criticisms. It just seems like some callbacks/stuff in general went way over some people’s heads when it shouldn’t have.
My point, could some parts be improved? Yes. Even if those parts were improved, would there still be a lot of b****ing about it? Yeah, because there are so many varying opinions on who should die, who deserves more screen time, who deserves the bigger role in the scheme of things that it’s impossible to please everyone.
People are disappointed because it was badly executed.
Arya jump out of fucking nowhere. Maybe it would have been more interesting with the help of Melisandre she is able to maybe disguised as on of the night walker or white walker and the surprised attack would be more believable. Or Arya disguised as Bran.