NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
bootsy wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 9:07 pm
PowerDump wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 3:29 am
bootsy wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Almost went to bad and then when I saw the Clippers had it down to 4 I knew I had to watch. Glad I did. Unbelievable.
When I typed up the previous message about Curry, they had a 23 point lead and thought there is no way they are losing, it’s just impossible (to me it was like the Falcons and Patriots Super Bowl, only it would be like reverses roles as in the Patriots, they dynasty, blowing a huge lead to the Falcons). Now I know not to jump the gun even for the Warriors.

That being said, I think Durant is who cost them the game, along with Kerr only giving Curry like 3 minutes in the 3rd. Didn’t Durant have like 8 or 9 turnovers? I also think that loss is going to wake up the Warriors though, for their team, I think they needed a smack in the mouth to wake them up.

I’m not sure how controversial this will be to say this, but IF the Blazers just roll over OKC; I think a lot more people need to second guess Westbrook (and I know a ton of people already do). The guy is extremely athletically gifted/explosive but it’s borderline hard to watch him play a lot of the time, like he just seems to make a lot of bad decisions.

He has all the athletic talent in the world but it seems like he is only a fraction of the player he could be. Just my opinion.

Like I said, IFFFFF the Thunder lose the series, where does he rank even among PGs? Cause I’m sure as hell not putting him over Steph, Kyrie, Lillard when it comes to contributing to a team winning (not talking about individual accomplishments).
Westbrook is a lot like Harden for me. They have a lot of nice numbers but rarely produce in their biggest most important moments and until they do they will not be in the upper echelon of all time greats. I do enjoy Westbrook's game a lot more than Harden's but they are still view the same by me.

As for the Warriors there has been something off about them all year. It's like they know this is probably the last ride for them as a collective unit and they seem unfocused. They looked really bad a lot more than they used to this season. I'm getting a 2011 LA Lakers vibe from them. The Lakers were the 2 time defending champs but something was off and they got swept by the Mavs in the semis and that was the end of that run.
Yeah same, they seem really vulnerable this year. Rockets look like they could be extremely tough, assuming they face each other.

Damian Lillard made Russell Westbrook his bitch.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:34 am
I was actually just going to post that word for word lmao.

Damian is extremely, extremely good and Westbrook could be in free fall in terms of what people think of him now. I don’t think any team could win it all with Westbrook unless he is like the 3rd best guy on the team. Maybe, maybe if he’s coming off the bench towards the end of his career.

PowerDump wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:54 am
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:

Damian is extremely, extremely good and Westbrook could be in free fall in terms of what people think of him now. I don’t think any team could win it all with Westbrook unless he is like the 3rd best guy on the team. Maybe, maybe if he’s coming off the bench towards the end of his career.
What gets me is he just never learns his damn lesson. After that disastrous series against the Jazz last year, you'd think he'd wise up. Nope. Same dumb ass, ego stroking, selfish, narcissist.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:57 am
PowerDump wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:54 am
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:

What gets me is he just never learns his damn lesson. After that disastrous series against the Jazz last year, you'd think he'd wise up. Nope. Same dumb ass, ego stroking, selfish, narcissist.
I might be in the minority here, but I find it extremely frustrating he won an MVP. I legit think that people were fooled that first triple double year and just amazed those numbers were achieved versus how they were achieved and what it actually meant to a teams success.

Sixers have a tough series ahead, Leonard is an absolute monster.

best center in the league and top 5 player confirmed. who was saying he hasn’t proven anything in important games?

edit: this team best resign jimmy

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 6:51 am

best center in the league and top 5 player confirmed. who was saying he hasn’t proven anything in important games?

Let’s hold our horses until the series is over. I think they’ll win it at this point but let’s hold our horses.

I wouldn’t put him in front of Durant, Leonard, Antekapoo, Lebron (if he comes back full force next year), Curry or Harden (as much as I hate Harden) YET. He’ll be there soon enough, but he also has to become more durable.

Speaking of Curry, that last rim stuff is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve seen lol

PowerDump wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:

Let’s hold our horses until the series is over. I think they’ll win it at this point but let’s hold our horses.

This is why I haven't said much. This series is too close and too back and forth to start gloating. Even had we won today I still wouldn't feel comfortable. It's the best 2 out of 3 now.

bootsy wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 11:02 pm
PowerDump wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:

This is why I haven't said much. This series is too close and too back and forth to start gloating. Even had we won today I still wouldn't feel comfortable. It's the best 2 out of 3 now.
Still confident we can win 2 out of the next 3, but kawhi is literally having a legendary series, this tidbit really put things in perspective for me,

https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status ... 4954903558

The fact that Embiid has been dealing with a virus certainly doesn't help, but still