Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I thought it was great. I have always enjoyed the little character moments before the big battle starts in previous episodes like Battle of Bastards and Battle of Blackwater, this was like a full episode of those moments.

Only gripe is that Jon, Sam, Tormund, Ed, etc. should totally realize that the crypt is not going to be a safe place when fighting a guy who can raise the DEAD!

radewart wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 11:02 pm
Only gripe is that Jon, Sam, Tormund, Ed, etc. should totally realize that the crypt is not going to be a safe place when fighting a guy who can raise the DEAD!
Also, giving out this information no less than three times is definitely cause for concern.

It's going be a bloodbath.

4N Legend wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 10:25 pm
Some weird writing but overall that was so great
What was weird?

Great episode. Loved how quiet, character-driven and heartfelt it was. Every character had their time. Next week is going to be a stress test from hell! Team fuckin Sansa.

Allstar wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 11:19 pm
4N Legend wrote:
What was weird?
one that I recall was when Brienne randomly stated why are you not making fun of me to Jaime. I think the choice of words was a bit weak. I guess I just meant weird dialogue and not story writing tbh

See, this is when you know a show is wrapping up: you get payoffs and character moments that were years in the making and that are built on years of storytelling. I honestly don't expect much in terms of scheming and plotting at this point. This is primarily all these characters facing who they are now as opposed to who they were and what that means to them in the face of death. This show has always stressed the importance of humanity and decency, which is why it spent so much time hurting us emotionally by being unfair to us when we wanted these characters to succeed most of the time. I guess next week we'll say goodbye to a bunch of them for good and I'll be a but sad but also happy that the show gets to end on its own terms and in spectacular fashion.

4N Legend wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 11:46 pm
Allstar wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 11:19 pm
4N Legend wrote:
What was weird?
one that I recall was when Brienne randomly stated why are you not making fun of me to Jaime. I think the choice of words was a bit weak. I guess I just meant weird dialogue and not story writing tbh
I thought as nice a line as it was that Sam's speech on memory and history was a bit off, he's kind of the least important participant in the meeting, and he speaks to defend Bran's point even if nobody questionned Bran's affirmation. It felt like they were pushing their great line in the story. But it's really a minor complaint.
Otherwise this episode was really great,
the scene by the fire was both very moving and funny.
Is this the first episode without full nudity and blood? Good for Chinese viewers I guess.

MyCocaine wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 10:19 pm
This show is slowly morphing into a piece of fan fiction.

Tormund, Brienne and Lyanna saves the day despite the lazy writing.
Yeah, not a fan of this season so far.£

Ace

Happy to see that Tyrion's stupid actions is actually a plot point in the story. He's definitely the one character that suffers the most from the lack of new GRRM books, but at least his newfound foolishness is adressed.