Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't remember why Kylo Ren should be so trustworthy when it comes to Rey's parents. Maybe it was in the film, if so please correct me. If it wasn't then I don't know why Kylo should be 100% trustworthy on that subject.

I always thought JJ made it clear/implied heavily that Luke was Rey's father. They could still go with that route. That she came into being mostly on her own, hell she managed just fine on Jakku in TFA, and Russell could be her mother who chose not to have a family life with Luke. Just guessing of course but I wouldn't be surprised nor agitated.

kylo doesn't reveal the parents rey does

TBH I would find any revelations frustrating to some extent because I like the idea, one which is conversant with the history of the Skywalker Saga that Rey is the hero because that is the will of the Force, and Jakku is where the shit is going down. She happens to be more ideal than the Skywalkers because she is a hardened, self-reliant character before we even meet her.

Wasn't Anakin so incredibly powerful because of the Force sort of choosing him?

Nomis wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 10:31 am
There was a (supposedly canon) comic book recently in which Palpatine does ‘it’ via Force to Ani’s mother, the creep. And it is sort of implied in the movies Palpatine manipulated The Force to create a perfect student. I believe he’s simply JC of Star Wars franchise, just like Rey yes.

ew

That'd be quite something though. If Palpatine is Anakin's secret father.

I also see Anakin as the Force's Jesus, Rey too.

Nomis wrote:
In dialogue yes.

Name the times this is evidenced in action, however. He fulfills the prophecy through physical violence not through the Force.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 11:36 am
Nomis wrote:
In dialogue yes.

Name the times this is evidenced in action, however. He fulfills the prophecy through physical violence not through the Force.
Holdonasec, so every time Jedi wields and thrusts the lighsaber and uses Force powers... that’s not actually through Force?

m4st4 wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 11:42 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Nomis wrote:
In dialogue yes.

Holdonasec, so every time Jedi wields and thrusts the lighsaber and uses Force powers... that’s not actually through Force?
Of course it is. But Anakin is never demonstrably shown to be more powerful than anyone else, it is entirely in theory or potential. He talks constantly of his power but cannot leverage it.

Anakin fulfils the prophecy by throwing Sheev down the well, which is notably a physical act not aided by the Force in any demonstrably way. Ironically you might argue he is helped by being a machine.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 12:36 pm
m4st4 wrote:
April 18th, 2019, 11:42 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:

In dialogue yes.

Of course it is. But Anakin is never demonstrably shown to be more powerful than anyone else, it is entirely in theory or potential. He talks constantly of his power but cannot leverage it.

Anakin fulfils the prophecy by throwing Sheev down the well, which is notably a physical act not aided by the Force in any demonstrably way. Ironically you might argue he is helped by being a machine.
Yeah, he kind of potentially gets there on Mustafar but then Obi clips his wing via the high ground. I still see it as Force works in mysterious ways therefore Force eventually makes it all happen according to prophecy through Vader’s hands.

with some time gone

I really hate this title

I hate it

it sounds like fanfic