Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 7:18 am
So American has become a different ethnicity, other than Native American? lol
Lmao prob not but it's just funny.

I've seen some of the Brie interviews. What's egotistical about her?

m4, I honestly thought you were trolling or something. Or are you lol?

What's actually the problem with her? In general. I'm so confused.

Nauta wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 7:41 am
m4, I honestly thought you were trolling or something. Or are you lol?

What's actually the problem with her? In general. I'm so confused.
I can't help but get the feeling that people are misconstruing Brie's professional demeaner in interviews as something egotistical and cold.

During the Captain Marvel press tours she would speak in an even tone and not put too much emotion into her voice and people just went in on her.

I struggle to see what’s so wrong with her, what actually makes people think she’s so much more egotistical than any of her other cast members.

I saw a clip on twitter where Hemsworth compared her to Tom Cruise for doing her own stunts, and she was like no I’m me in a very deadpan manner. But you do guys realize she’s joking, right? And people were calling her an insufferable bitch for it, and now there’s articles on just how much Chris must hate her. You have to be dense to not see people are going off at her because they fucking hate her being outspoken. People loved her around the time she won an Oscar (and prior). Similar to kind of how guys loved Jennifer Lawrence until she started talking about the sort of things people didn’t like, and soon enough, everybody had a hate boner for her.

God forbid every white male film fan’s current favorite actress becomes more and more outspoken. Fun times are ahead of us.

A lot of people saying that Hemsworth must HATE her most likely don't have rich social lives outside of the internet. I've been in that kind of banter so many times with my friends. It's literally normal interaction between people who've known each other for a while.

Hard to pick up on Brie's social cues and intentions when you don't have a model to work off of I guess.

Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 6:27 am
What's up then?

Also, I haven't seen Captain Marvel but without getting to spoiler-y with the plot, is there anything I should know before heading into Endgame next week?
She came to Earth for like 3 days in 1995 and then went to outer space again, carrying a modified pager.

lol

anything about how her powers came to be or is she half Skree half human?

Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:25 am
lol

anything about how her powers came to be or is she half Skree half human?
Jude Law's character saw that she absorbed the power from the thing Annette Benning's character was working on. So he took her under his wing and he gave her his blood in a blood transplant. Since she lost her memory, she thinks that she's Skree but she isn't. She's fully human but she just has Skree blood.

So she's insanely powerful because she has some Skree blood in her system? I thought the Skree weren't that powerful.

Nomis wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 11:54 am
So she's insanely powerful because she has some Skree blood in her system? I thought the Skree weren't that powerful.
No she's powerful because she absorbed the power from the power source Annette Benning's character was working on.

Just watch the film dude :P