Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

lmao

Allstar wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 4:21 pm

lmao
:lol:
Solo: A Star Wars Story is a l m o s t worth it for that meme alone

Personally I find Rey and Ben to be much more compelling than any of the old leads, so I guess I'll be fine.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 5:02 pm
Personally I find Rey and Ben to be much more compelling than any of the old leads, so I guess I'll be fine.£
Hold on. Are you saying you find Rey and Kylo Ren more compelling than OT Han Solo or OT Leia?

Retrospectively, the Sequel trilogy really weakens RoTJ in the context where you see these as a continuing 9-film series.

Defeat the Empire and bring back peace to the Galaxy? Retconned in TFA
Defeat the ultimate Sith Lord? Likely retconned in this (even if he's not physical, if he has a presence and an influence, sorry he was not defeated)
Anakin's redemption is the only lasting consequence left in this movie which was already the black sheep of the OT...

The ST is about the dangers of toxic power structures rising from the ashes to seize control, almost as if there's real-world relevance to that right now.

Also, ROTJ is one of the worst Star Wars movies so I'm not sure I'd think it was a sacrilege either way.

EDIT: I should also point out the ST is, in part, a demythification of the Original Trilogy. Our heroes flaws laid bare, the fairy-tale shallowness of their victory exposed. This is also an aspect of monomythic story structure. this is also the entire point of the last act of The Return of the King.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
idk what you dudes and gals been blabbering about but I can assure you the opening scene in that trailer is Rey training with Kylo

1) TPM
2) AOTC
3) ROTS
4) ANH
5) ESB
6) ROTJ
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) TROS

Alright, who’s hyped for TROS?!?

m4st4 wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 2:45 am
1) TPM
2) AOTC
3) ROTS
4) ANH
5) ESB
6) ROTJ
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) TROS

Alright, who’s hyped for TROS?!?
So, TROS is an anagram of ROTS. What does it mean ? Should we look into it the way we're trying to interpret Nolan's next film fake title???

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 7:20 pm
Retrospectively, the Sequel trilogy really weakens RoTJ in the context where you see these as a continuing 9-film series.

Defeat the Empire and bring back peace to the Galaxy? Retconned in TFA
Defeat the ultimate Sith Lord? Likely retconned in this (even if he's not physical, if he has a presence and an influence, sorry he was not defeated)
Anakin's redemption is the only lasting consequence left in this movie which was already the black sheep of the OT...
ROTJ is thematically confused and mostly cheap and nasty and a bad sequel to ESB. So let's have at it.