Untitled Tomb Raider Sequel (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Deadline - MGM & Warner Bros Starts Climb Toward ‘Tomb Raider 2,’ Amy Jump To Write Script
Get ready for another Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander. MGM and Warner Bros have hired Amy Jump to write the script for the sequel. Sources said Vikander liked what she was in Jump’s scripting.

She is best known for her collaborations with director and partner Ben Wheatley, who co-wrote several of them. That includes Free Fire, the action drama that starred Brie Larson, Cillian Murphy and Armie Hammer. Her other credits include the Wheatley-directed Kill List, A Field In England, Sightseers, and High-Rise. The films are cult favorites in the UK. She broadens the pool of female action writers, who are now in high demand. Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Alastair Siddons wrote the first installment. Warner Bros released the first film.

Directed by Roar Uthaug, Tomb Raider grossed $274 million worldwide, turning the Oscar-winning Swedish actress Vikander into an action heroine after a string of prestige pics and sci-fi like Ex Machina. Graham King’s GK Films is back as producer after an exhilarating run with Bohemian Rhapsody. Elizabeth Cantillon also is producing.

WME and Independent Talent Group rep Jump.
Nolan Fans Tomb Raider (2018) thread

First one wasn't bad. I like that it didn't end up being a big supernatural thing, because it easily could have gone that route.

Didn't expect them to make another one considering the box office, guess it turned in enough after all.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:02 pm
First one wasn't bad. I like that it didn't end up being a big supernatural thing, because it easily could have gone that route.
I agree. The first one was decent. Didn't have any expectations going in with the trend of video game movies recntly, but even though it wasn't great it's definitely a lot bettert than movies like Assassin's Creed and Warcraft.

It's one of the best video game movies ever...

which makes it decent at best :P But still, it's good to se them giving Lara another shot.

I enjoyed the first, just rewatched it kind of recently actually. If it makes it out of development there's lots of space for a Lara Croft in her prime free from the trappings of the origin story, though I was totally willing to go along with that first premise.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 2:02 am
I enjoyed the first, just rewatched it kind of recently actually. If it makes it out of development there's lots of space for a Lara Croft in her prime free from the trappings of the origin story, though I was totally willing to go along with that first premise.
So it was better than The Last Jedi?

Ace
Ben Wheatley Set To Direct Alicia Vikander In ‘Tomb Raider’ Sequel; MGM Sets March 19, 2021
Ben Wheatley has been set to direct MGM’s Tomb Raider sequel, with the studio setting a release date of March 19, 2021. Alicia Vikander is reprising her role as the lissome treasure hunting action heroine Lara Croft. Amy Jump is writing the sequel script and Graham King is producing through his GK Films banner, and Elizabeth Cantillon.

Wheatley directed the films Kill List and Free Fire.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/tomb-raide ... ssion=true