Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
THE RISE OF S H E E V

It's just a teaser. You simply cannot predict exactly where this movie ends up going off of it.

I think there's a lot of great things that can be done with these characters. The constant negative response to so little is still fascinating to me. Nothing wrong with feeling a little skeptical, but assuming the worst is boring af.

Deleting Star Wars: The Last Jedi from my brain for a moment.

I'd wondered years ago if they'd ever work Skywalker into the title and for this next one - supposedly the last...for now - they have. So I'm fine with the title. And some of what it implies.

The teaser was decent, some of it better than decent, like a real adventure with real friends! like Star Wars is supposed to do.

As for the dead character that laughs at the end, it could just mean he left a plan for someone else like Kylo Ren to follow or that he had something to do with the Skywalkers from the very beginning. That could be intriguing, could be good, could be bad.

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 1:41 pm
I think there's a lot of great things that can be done with these characters. The constant negative response to so little is still fascinating to me. Nothing wrong with feeling a little skeptical, but assuming the worst is boring af.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 1:27 pm
That is the worst fucking title

It either implies a Rey retcon or a cliched Kylo redemption

Ugh
yea i’m extremely excited for this movie but these are the two directions i don’t want the film to go
esp the one where they’re like nah surprise bitches rey is a skywalker after all :) :) :)

Saying "you can't judge off such a small teaser" is a little crazy considering insane amounts of people assume the absolute best off a trailer and don't get called out. Let people vent their frustration, especially since it's been a regular conversation in this thread. We've all been concerned JJ would play it safe, and everything about the teaser (from the reveal to the title) screams that.

Well at least they have the new leading characters together, so that's something in the right direction. No, that's not a criticism towards TLJ but as of yet I honestly do not feel close to neither Rey nor Poe and least of all Finn. Kylo Ren is the only actual compelling character of all these new characters thus far. And Driver kills it every time.

And of course we're going to visit the remnants of one of the Death Stars. Abrams couldn't help himself.

I think the title is a little disappointing to me is because TLJ explicitely was about the galaxy being bigger than just the Skywalker family, that there are other Jedi, and now this? I'd rather have The Fall of Skywalker. (Especially considering they constantly fucked up the galaxy lol)
Last edited by Dobson on April 12th, 2019, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.