Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
It can't happen, it just can't.

Mr. Abrams is too self-aware and self-conscious to allow that to happen.

Oku wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Why do you call everyone “Mr.” and “Ms.”?

Allstar wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 3:54 pm
Oku wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Why do you call everyone “Mr.” and “Ms.”?
I mean, the bigger question is why do the rest of us not do it?

We gotta start respecting these people even if they're bad artists.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 6:09 am
Anything involving a fourth Death Star will immediately lose me
But what if it's ten times bigger than Starkiller Base and destroys galaxies this time? Pity Johnson couldn't come up with that idea.£

They should call it SJWkiller Base and let it destroy only ugly women and feminazis. Checkmate libtards.

So can we agree that nobody wants a fourth Death Star?

anikom15 wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 8:21 pm
The important question is whether J.J. Abrams wants one or not.

Batfan175 wrote:
March 30th, 2019, 2:38 am
anikom15 wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 8:21 pm
The important question is whether J.J. Abrams wants one or not.
We already know the answer to that.

Exclusive: J.J. Abrams on Star Wars, Apple, and building Bad Robot into a Hollywood force

J. J. Abrams: “To have no script [for Star Wars: Episode IX] and to have a release date and have it be essentially a two-year window when you’re saying (to yourself), you’ve got two years from the decision to do it to release, and you have literally nothing . . . . You don’t have the story, you don’t have the cast, you don’t have the designers, the sets. There was a crew, and there were things that will be worked on for the version that preceded ours, but this was starting over. And because this was such a mega job, I knew at the very least I needed a cowriter to work on this thing, but I didn’t know [then] who that cowriter would be. There was nothing.” (April 9, 2019)

J. J. Abrams: "But it was a completely unknown scenario. I had some gut instincts about where the story would have gone. But without getting in the weeds on episode eight, that was a story that Rian wrote and was telling based on seven before we met. So he was taking the thing in another direction. So we also had to respond to Episode VIII. So our movie was not just following what we had started, it was following what we had started and then had been advanced by someone else. So there was that, and, finally, it was resolving nine movies. While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge. However, to answer your question—truly, finally—now that I’m back, the difference is I feel like we might’ve done it. Like, I actually feel like this crazy challenge that could have been a wildly uncomfortable contortion of ideas, and a kind of shoving-in of answers and Band-Aids and bridges and things that would have felt messy. Strangely, we were sort of relentless and almost unbearably disciplined about the story and forcing ourselves to question and answer some fundamental things that at the beginning, I absolutely had no clue how we would begin to address. I feel like we’ve gotten to a place—without jinxing anything or sounding more confident than I deserve to be—I feel like we’re in a place where we might have something incredibly special. So I feel relief being home, and I feel gratitude that I got to do it. And more than anything, I’m excited about what I think we might have.” (April 9, 2019)

Trailer this month?