TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Prologue?

Thanks everyone :wave:

I hope there isn't a prologue, unless it's like the one for Dunkirk - not the actual start of the film but a taste. I still can't watch TDK and TDKR without thinking "Okay, the prologue is over, now the movie begins." They become such a separate thing to the film for me. Maybe they wouldn't if I avoided watching them a hundred times before each film's release, but I mean, come on... that's not happening.

MMatt wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 6:40 am

I hope there isn't a prologue, unless it's like the one for Dunkirk - not the actual start of the film but a taste. I still can't watch TDK and TDKR without thinking "Okay, the prologue is over, now the movie begins." They become such a separate thing to the film for me. Maybe they wouldn't if I avoided watching them a hundred times before each film's release, but I mean, come on... that's not happening.
I kind of know what you mean with TDK and TDKR.
The prologues feel very separate from the films. Kind of distracting almost.

MMatt wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 6:40 am

I love the Interstellar prologue

I'm the complete opposite only because... if it's a dedicated montage thing it means we won't get it outside of IMAX theaters for archival and enjoyment purposes.

The Dunkirk prologue to me is a wonderful piece of art that should've been released on home media.

Anyway, for this film I think if there won't be a prologue, there will definitely be an IMAX exclusive trailer - like Interstellar.

What I don't like about the idea of a prologue is that it kind of becomes "obligatory action." I don't need a movie to start with dead-action to really get going. This is the same with movies that show the title after their opening sequence.

So what others said about it detaching is true for me as well. Once they said that TDKR had a prologue, I was hoping that it didn't necessarily mean the opening, opening scene. Low-and-behold, it was... even down to showing the end of Gordon's speech. Nothing left to imagination once you saw the actual film. Shame.

Oku
Too many shows/movies use the exciting-opening as a crutch to then segue into a boring set-up/first-act that consists of nothing but tedious flashbacks.

As long as that doesn't happen and we stay in the present narrative, I'm OK with exciting openings.

As a certain character from a certain show once said, stories should start where they start and not where they get interesting.

Here’s an idea: just wait till the whole movie comes out.

anikom15 wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 10:18 am
You know what? You're right. Let's close this entire sub-forum until it does, even. No reason to comment/discuss/speculate about anything, for that matter.

Everyone, everyone... listen. You don't have to go home, but ya have to get the heck outta here!

anikom15 wrote:
March 25th, 2019, 10:18 am
Maybe read the title of the thread before posting something nonsensical like this?£