TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
So I am not fully convinced on the idea that this will be related to Inception but if that’s true....

It would be interesting to see a CNEU with the rules and relationships set up by Inception. He got a lot of the exposition out of the way in InceptiOne and now he can play in the sandbox.

He’d be less focused on pumping out another instalment every year or two but how about one every ten years? I’m someone who is mostly checked out of the big inter-connected superhero franchises that have to worry about brand management/making sure each character gets enough lines to setup their own movie/endless origin stories/formulaic sequels/planting Easter eggs but I doubt Nolan would want to get bogged down in this and would instead would focus on making each movie a good standalone film. Actors/characters/storylines could continue but only if it services the story he’s trying to tell at the time.

A 30 year Inception trilogy sounds massive and innovative, doesn’t it? Ten years after this one of seeing which actors stay alive/come to prominence as well as to developing ideas and working with whatever new technologies emerge in the meantime (for theatrical exhibition of course) and making something even more highly anticipated sounds good to me.

Nolan has this reputation of combining odd arthouse storytelling with blockbuster scale. In a weird way it makes sense that he would take the defining major film trend of this generation and do it his way and better than his competition. And yes, I recall he that he did TDK trilogy but this would be his original ideas which I think is something his fans want more of anyway.

I'm trying to think of what the genre/period of this film is.
Pattinson and Debicki look like very "period piece" type people. Does anyone else get that vibe? They look like they're from 1890's London or something. They don't scream "futuristic" to me. Like they were cast because they're classic looking / old souls.

" A massive, innovative action blockbuster"

Now I have one question guys : Are we sure that it'll be Inception-related or it's just some speculative rumours and it's something which has absolutely no link ?

Everything is speculative rumor at this point. Even that "massive, innovative action blockbuster" description isn't completely official. It came from a Variety insider and not from WB.

Insomniac wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:15 pm
Everything is speculative rumor at this point. Even that "massive, innovative action blockbuster" description isn't completely official. It came from a Variety insider and not from WB.
Okay thank you ;) so the "sort of Inception sequel" thing is not necessarily true then ?

William Blake wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 2:07 am
Innovative makes me think there will be some element of sci fi involved. Maybe not what we’d normally expect from the genre but some variation or melding of it with other elements. Or innovative could just be on the technical filmmaking side of things.
I think it's on the technical filmmaking, it seems pretty obvious regarding his last statements and his love and praise for movie theaters experience (which was completely and even more intensified after his work on 2001)

Nolan62 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:19 pm
Insomniac wrote:
Okay thank you ;) so the "sort of Inception sequel" thing is not necessarily true then ?
Not necessarily true, but it was reported by source that has had some correct inside info in the past. Someone (Warner Bros?) told it was incorrect and they pulled it.

dormouse7 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 7:30 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:19 pm
Insomniac wrote:
Not necessarily true, but it was reported by source that has had some correct inside info in the past. Someone (Warner Bros?) told it was incorrect and they pulled it.
We know nothing at this point apart from the casting, so it seems ridiculous to predict something like that. We don't know the story or even Nolan's intentions of the project and this is the only who can know so^^
I'll wait for an information by Warner Bros personally.

Forum Pro
Law
Reportedly titled "Dream Bigger Darling"

Law wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 9:12 pm
Reportedly titled "Dream Bigger Darling"
Source!?!!