Deadwood (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

‘Deadwood’ Greenlit With October Production Start, Possible Spring 2019 Launch
HBO president Casey Bloys rejoiced to the press corps this morning that the next installment of Deadwood is finally greenlit with an October production start, which is what he forecasted at January’s TCA. He guessed there might be a spring 2019 debut, but didn’t want to make that part official this morning “Let’s get cameras rolling.”

Last April, it was reported that HBO was receiving a near $4.2M California Film & TV state tax credit for their production of Deadwood. At January’s TCA, Bloys said he was looking at fall start date, and that the project at that point was undergoing a rewrite by creator David Milch. That said, Milch’s creative process entails rewriting on the set, on the fly while actors are in costumes.

I've been meaning to watch this series. Now I have more reason.

Ace

the_red_ninja wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 3:56 am
I'm finishing season one now. Took a bit to get into, but man does it start getting good!

Releases on my birthday. :D

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 3:13 pm
the_red_ninja wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 3:56 am
I'm finishing season one now. Took a bit to get into, but man does it start getting good!
Same
First 3-4 episodes were kinda hard to get into, but I'm at episode 8 now and 100% fully on board. It's so different from anything else in the genre that it takes a bit of time to get used to it.

I struggled getting through the first episode alone... Guess I'll have to give it another shot.

Special show with a special place in my heart.

The Deadwood film is a glorious but sorrowful elegy to the series and all it was ever about. As always, Milch's dialogue is pure poetry.

-Vader