TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
He's so successful, he goes for the discount actors. Less money spent on casting, less royalties to share, more money in his pocket and more money for extravaganza in the canvas. How can you not love this man?

For any Inception tie-in naysayers, keep in mind that Nolan did want to provide writing for the video game that was rumored to be made. It is entirely possible that he has pocketed ideas from that and they have just been sitting on the backburner. Note that they were thinking more of a spin-off, so same world but different characters and central ideas.

Now I'm not hoping for or against Inception at this point (I would mostly hope against it for reasons I have stated earlier in the thread, but if it is a sequel I would also be thrilled), though this just wouldn't seem way out of left field for him to do. It fits the mold of the description that we have read so far, and I just don't think he would have gone 0-to-60 with a completely original script when he has admitted to having a bit of a creative writer's block immediately after Dunkirk.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on March 20th, 2019, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lionheart wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:51 pm
He's so successful, he goes for the discount actors. Less money spent on casting, less royalties to share, more money in his pocket and more money for extravaganza in the canvas. How can you not love this man?
I don't think that's the agenda, lol. He picks the actors he liked the most during the audition process. Also, he's at the point now where he can cast whoever he wants, so he doesn't need big names like DiCaprio and Jackman and McConaughey anymore. He picks who he genuinely believes is best for the part.

It doesn't require much imagination to see the endless possibilities within the universe of Inception.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:55 pm
For any Inception tie-in naysayers, keep in mind that Nolan did want to provide writing for the video game that was rumored to be made. It is entirely possible that he has pocketed ideas from that and have been sitting on the backburner. Note that they were thinking more of a spin-off, so same world but different characters and central ideas.

Now I'm not hoping for or against Inception at this point (I would mostly hope against it for reasons I have stated earlier in the thread, but if it is a sequel I would also be thrilled), though this just wouldn't seem way out of left field for him to do. It fits the mold of the description that we have read so far, and I just don't think he would have gone 0-to-60 with a completely original script when he has admitted to having a bit of a creative writer's block immediately after Dunkirk.
I'm with you. :gonf:

I also think it'd be neat if this was an Unbreakable/Split/Glass situation. A "secret" Inception trilogy.

I also think Nolan is the type of guy who would want to make a "statement" on the whole shared universe craze.

Oku
MyCocaine wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Angus wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:46 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki are playing
James Cobb and Phillipa Cobb
Makes perfect sense.
Normally, I don't subscribe to fan theories, but MyCocaine's endorsement lends it some credibility?!

Oku wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:06 pm
MyCocaine wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Angus wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:46 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki are playing
James Cobb and Phillipa Cobb
Makes perfect sense.
Normally, I don't subscribe to fan theories, but MyCocaine's endorsement lends it some credibility?!
I'm sure he's joking. He doesn't like me. :lol:

Feels weird getting all this casting information with absolutely no plot info available. Not even a log line. Kinda exciting, honestly.

ChristNolan wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:19 pm
Feels weird getting all this casting information with absolutely no plot info available. Not even a log line. Kinda exciting, honestly.
leave it up to Nolan to do something like this.

ChristNolan wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:19 pm
It's refreshing, for sure. Can't wait to hear more about the plot though.