Blonde (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku
Artemis wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 6:57 pm
She looks nothing like her so I'm excited to see the hair and makeup process if she does end up playing her.

Allstar's fan casting of Margot Robbie is brilliant though. Robbie is such a fantastic actress and she channels Monroe's aura so well in some of her photo shoots.
Ms. Robbie as Ms. Monroe is too 'obvious' fan-casting, like Mr. Cranston as Lex Luthor, and that would be boring.

BlairCo wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:48 am
I can see it.

I just hope she'll be able to polish up her English because based on solely Blade Runner 2049, she still had that Cuban accent.
which was incredibly sexy

Ana is such a terrific actress (and unbelievably gorgeous), she's going to ace this

But Monroe had that smooth, American, airy-fairy voice. Her voice was just as iconic as her looks.

I know, and I'm sure Ana will be able to master it.

I'm sure she'll work with a vocal coach on the voice. So hopefully that will make things smoother.

Also, are we not going to roast this part of the article?
Dominik previously told Collider that he believes Blonde “will be one of the ten best movies ever made,” explaining that “it’s a film about the human condition. It tells the story of how a childhood trauma shapes an adult who’s split between a public and a private self. It’s basically the story of every human being, but it’s using a certain sense of association that we have with something very familiar, just through media exposure. It takes all of those things and turns the meanings of them inside out, according to how she feels, which is basically how we live. It’s how we all operate in the world. It just seems to me to be very resonant. I think the project has got a lot of really exciting possibilities, in terms of what can be done, cinematically.”
He is very full of himself lmao

If he truly believes that, then why did it get tossed around several studios before ending up at Netflix?

BlairCo wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:25 am
If he truly believes that, then why did it get tossed around several studios before ending up at Netflix?
Because it's probably going to suck. But it's nice to have good self esteem? Lol

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:27 am
BlairCo wrote:
Because it's probably going to suck. But it's nice to have good self esteem? Lol
Or it’s just super arty and difficult to finance? Like Jesse James which flopped badly, a masterpiece. I wonder if it’s a coincidence you’re hating on this project once Ana entered talks. :roll:

Allstar wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:13 am
Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:27 am
BlairCo wrote:
Or it’s just super arty and difficult to finance? Like Jesse James which flopped badly, a masterpiece. I wonder if it’s a coincidence you’re hating on this project once Ana entered talks. :roll:
okay good job at assuming. My roast comments were all targeted towards Dominik and I didn't say anything bad about ur waifu. Stop trying to dig up old drama and Virgo even confronted you about this and said that nothing I said in that argument was wrong. Why do you do this? Why are you like this? We've been so civil since we apologized and now you want to fuck things up again?

I don't appreciate being made out to be some hateful jealous person by someone who has beef with everyone on this site. Please don't do that with me. I don't like it at all.

Jesse James gives you permission to disappear up your own arse I would argue

Excited about this because I don't think Dominik has missed yet