Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I told everyone in my company last week that I was going on vacation. I had my days off booked and everyone knew.

But one of the sales people still told one of the companies we work with that I would have PDF's of our schedule made for them.

I give her a reasonable deadline of having all this done by the end of the month. But apparently they want it by the end of this week.

Are you kidding me? I'm only going to be at work this week Thursday and Friday and on top of that I have a bunch of other projects to do.

It just makes me mad that the salesperson told the client that I would have this project done without even asking me first if I can do this by their timeline.

Fucking hell.

I'm just kind of sad to get hit with the realization of just how much my anxiety has held me back in life, be it small things or bigger opportunities and what not. And it still continues to do so.

Ruth wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 7:05 pm
I'm just kind of sad to get hit with the realization of just how much my anxiety has held me back in life, be it small things or bigger opportunities and what not. And it still continues to do so.
I feel this so much. I wish I could say something encouraging but I'm still going through this too.

meditate for 20 minutes twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, before eating and in the morning before you have caffeine. Do this consistently for 3 weeks.

Particularly recommend Transcendental Meditation and Vedic Meditation. You might have to pay to take a class online or in person but it's life changing.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 7:10 pm
meditate for 20 minutes twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon, before eating and in the morning before you have caffeine. Do this consistently for 3 weeks.

Particularly recommend Transcendental Meditation and Vedic Meditation. You might have to pay to take a class online or in person but it's life changing.

-Vader
What positive effects have you see personally from meditating? If it's too personal to share you don't have to tell me. Thank you for the advice though!

I take pills, nothing else seems to be working in my case.£

Smoother waters. Stress, anxiety, depression cause less turbulent waves. Far more mental focus. Far more energy. It's a lot easier to fall asleep. More restful sleep.
Generally a more calm, positive lifestyle.

You need the discipline to do this 2x a day for 3 weeks to really notice a major change. I don't know a single person who put in the work that didn't notice a major positive change.

Of course, I also think radically reshaping diet is incredibly helpful too. Most people don't realize how related mental health and stress level is to your gut and overall physical health. Especially carbs.

-Vader

I can relate on the diet part. When I eat more fruits and veggies and drink a lot more water, my mood does feel a lot better for sure.

Artemis wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm
I told everyone in my company last week that I was going on vacation. I had my days off booked and everyone knew.

But one of the sales people still told one of the companies we work with that I would have PDF's of our schedule made for them.

I give her a reasonable deadline of having all this done by the end of the month. But apparently they want it by the end of this week.

Are you kidding me? I'm only going to be at work this week Thursday and Friday and on top of that I have a bunch of other projects to do.

It just makes me mad that the salesperson told the client that I would have this project done without even asking me first if I can do this by their timeline.

Fucking hell.
saleslings don't understand humans

saleslings should go back to their planet

i restarted my prime video subscription thinking i was going to watch some cool movies only to find out LITERALLY NONE OF THEM are AvAiLaBlE iN mY lOcAtIoN

in other words, where do i find coppola's the conversation?