Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
im making a thing feel free to donate or not every little bit helps figured i'd share with the nolan family
http://kck.st/2N0RcIk

LelekPL wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 6:08 am
Master Virgo wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 4:25 am
LelekPL wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 2:28 am

Because it is his worst film outside Following
Vader had a point when he said that a good portion of your posts seems to be for the purpose of trolling.£
What!? I just gave my honest opinion. If you disagree that's fine. He asked a question, I answered it with complete honesty. If you have a different answer, you're more than welcome to give one and I'd be more than happy to hear a different argument.

I don't see how an answer like Allstar's "lol" or your "you're a troll" has any more merit so I'd really appreciate with stopping the insults only because you disagree with one's opinion.
Had nothing to do with you, giving your opinion. Allstar's question was, that how come the IMDb crowd didn't appreciate this one as much as Nolan's other films. You took the opportunity to declare for the umpteenth time, that you don't care much for the film, which of course would be fine, if it had any relevance to his question.

Like, you think IMDb members want to agree with you? That's their reason? Or do you think it's a fact, that Dunkirk is not as good as his other films, and you were merely pointing that out? How does your opinion has anything to do with the question that is being asked?

It's as if someone raises the question about both Blade Runner films flopping in box office, and someone responds by saying, that because they were both trash. As if only trash films fail to make profit, and audience never reject a good movie.

How is one supposed to interpret your irrelevant response other than an attempt to attract attention to yourself.£

As me stating that it was a fairly common opinion of the movie by giving just one example of one of the biggest Nolan fans on the planet who unfortunately really didn't care all that much for his last movie. To quickly point out that the film isn't as popular with audiences as it is around here and with critics.

I definitely didn't paint it as a fact because if you had read any of my previous messages, you'd know that I'm extremely adamant that there is no such thing as facts in judging art and giving your opinion. Me stating my opinion was rather to illustrate that it wasn't as uncommon as one might think. People who were disappointed with it are even on these forums.

But if you want something more, I think most people agree that it is a good movie but casual filmgoers I know who have seen the movie (and it's a fairly big sample size, since I'm a teacher and run a film club, there are around 1000 students that come to my classes), the vast majority was left extremely disappointed and I tend to agree with that assessment. I'm not going to go into the why because we've already covered that in the Dunkirk threads and as you pointed out, there's no need of repeating all of that again.

I just casually answered Allstar's question with an offhand remark because I honestly didn't find it shocking at all looking at it from the outside and I didn't really think it needs any more elaboration. There was no ill will on my behalf, it was just a quick answer. The imdb scores, as unreliable as they are most of the time, speak for themselves in this case.

I don't see the correlation between BR and Dunkirk though, since most people who are interested in high concept sci-fi are fairly in love with the movie and a lot of them also like the sequel. It's also fairly obvious why those movies failed at the box office - because there aren't as many high-concept sci-fi fans out there as you might think, a lot of people are put off by the sheer idea of watching a sci-fi film. I am a fan of the genre but I understand the people who aren't (and that doesn't make their opinion less valid).

I mean with Dunkirk I hear a lot of complaints even from people who are war movie fans who require faithfulness in historical movies. They also have some issues with the film (I really don't care about those because unlike BR, I'm not a fan of this genre, and I know close to nothing about the real events at Dunkirk), citing Atonement as a better depiction of the events. You might disregard those issues, as do I, but there are people who are bothered by it and they're also not wrong per se in their assessment.

And like I said, it's not like people consider Dunkirk as garbage. No. But I just think that IN MY PERSONAL OPINION (as superfluous as this statement is I'll add it this time) it's far less entertaining than every other movie made by Nolan (except for Following) and I ascertain that this might be why a lot of people rate it lower than others.

You might disagree and that's fine. That's your opinion. But don't be so defensive about it and stop inferring that people who have a different one are "trolls" because that couldn't be further from the truth. There's a lot of people who criticize Interstellar, even around here, and I think it's Nolan's true masterpiece (I signed up to this forum to find other people who loved the movie as much as I did). But you don't see me going around the forum calling people "trolls" for disliking it and having a different opinion than my own.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 12:00 pm
im making a thing feel free to donate or not every little bit helps figured i'd share with the nolan family
Done! Good luck with the project! Looking forward to seeing what you guys do! :thumbup: :gonf:

LelekPL wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 2:13 pm

You might disagree and that's fine. That's your opinion. But don't be so defensive about it and stop inferring that people who have a different one are "trolls" because that couldn't be further from the truth. There's a lot of people who criticize Interstellar, even around here, and I think it's Nolan's true masterpiece (I signed up to this forum to find other people who loved the movie as much as I did). But you don't see me going around the forum calling people "trolls" for disliking it and having a different opinion than my own.
Fascinating that you just went on and did it again. You deliberately or not, miss the point of what is being discussed when it suits you. But I was merely objecting to your behaviour. Discussing it with you, seems completely futile at this rate.£

Existential crisis sucks

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 9:41 am
DreamPolice wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 7:57 am
BlairCo wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 5:40 pm
Oh yeah, forgot to say, I’ve been in Canada for the past week and a half. Loving it all. Seeing Inception in IMAX at Ontario Place, so that’ll scratch the “lack of Nolan’s new project news” itch for me.
Join me and solo what are u doin
wanna go see cold war this week?
Seeing Shoplifters tomorrow.

atilasantos wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Existential crisis sucks
I just got over mine. Got any friends you can spend a day with? That helped me out

Artemis wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 2:46 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 12:00 pm
Done! Good luck with the project! Looking forward to seeing what you guys do! :thumbup: :gonf:
ahhh thank you!!! :gonf: