TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 7:09 pm
I think that somewhere, it's going to be kinda funny when it's announced.

It's obviously going to be something which cinema today either misses or it's been a long time since we've had it. Like with Dunkirk, the last truly great War film was Saving Private Ryan and that hauls from '98 dammit know what I mean?

And it's fun to know that once this has been released it will have been 10 years since Inception what in the living dream fuck
I'd argue that The Hurt Locker, Black Hawk Down and The Thin Red Line were all great war films.£

I meant about WW2

DHOPW42 wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 3:49 am
It has begun: I had a dream about this new film, and it was a WW2 movie again, described as a sort of sequel to Dunkirk.
For some bizarre reason, I could actually see this happening.

I have a feeling the new script is super short again and the film is going to rely on very little dialogue again. I expect another 100 minute experimental movie.

Angus wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 11:09 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
It has begun: I had a dream about this new film, and it was a WW2 movie again, described as a sort of sequel to Dunkirk.
I liked the idea as well, as it was something that really no one saw coming :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 11:11 am
Angus wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 11:09 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
I liked the idea as well, as it was something that really no one saw coming :D
It's also kind of weird how Dunkirk is structured like the "third act" of a much bigger movie. I wonder if he toyed with the idea of making it a three-hour epic. And really, a "prequel" to the film would be the first two acts, everything leading up to the 2017 film.

Probably not what he's actually doing, but that would certainly be a surprise.

Also, we pretty much got that prequel with Gary Oldman in Darkest Hour. And we have Atonement. Not sure there's a ton of new ground to cover there. We've basically seen the "prequel" through a bunch of other characters' eyes and stories.

I hope he'll use 65mm again for dialogue scenes.

Nomis wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 12:21 pm
I hope he'll use 65mm again for dialogue scenes.
Rather see him use 1.5:1 VistaVision for the dialogue scenes.

17 months from release, and still a complete mystery. Isn’t that almost unheard of for movies of this size?

William Blake wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 6:40 pm
17 months from release, and still a complete mystery. Isn’t that almost unheard of for movies of this size?
Yep.

Makes me think this is a smaller film, actually. Something the size of The Prestige.