TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Sharkboy wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 7:28 pm
Darth Nata wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 12:43 am
Imaginatio wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 11:49 pm

I'm just passing on what I heard, that's all. I personally believe it, but others are free to do as they may.

What you say doesn't really contradict the murmurings, as Levitt and Nolan were solid before The Dark Knight Rises. It was during production of The Dark Knight Rises that Levitt supposedly fell out of favor. If Nolan casts Levitt in a future movie then yes these murmurings would prove to be incorrect.
Where did you hear it?

Also when JGL directed his film "Don Jon" he spoke about how he received a lot of advice from Nolan and he even gave him a "special thanks" credit on that, this was after TDKR
To be fair I heard about this as well, I'm not entirely sure where it came from but the rumours were fairly strong, and this sort of stuff doesn't usually pop up anywhere for a Nolan film, so it must have come out of something, that being said theres nothing to really substantiate or debunk it really. It's just an odd story that made the rounds.

Although now you mention it, JGL hasn't really been cast in too much recently.
Weird that these rumours were fairly strong yet I didn't hear them even though I followed the production of both movies closely, a google search also brings up nothing, anyway maybe those whispers went around but I don't think they're true

JGL seems kind of up his own ass with the HitRecord stuff. He thinks it's this revolutionary idea, when really, people create mediocre content for him for free and then he owns it and makes a little bit of money on it, lol. It's a bunch of crappy drawings and boring folk music.

I wish he'd just announce what it is. I fear I will have some form of meltdown if it's finally announced and sounds super underwhelming. Too much invested at this point. I think Nolan making some basic action movie is my #1 fear. Nolan needs to be grand.

I think he is making Akira after all. 2020 July, just in time for the Olympics

Meh, Akira would be underwhelming at this point, in my opinion.

I just hope whatever the film is, it's something deep and thought provoking and not simple and basic. I want there to be analysis and debate among people for years to come. Nolan is the master at head-spinning, brain-rattling stuff. His story structures are incredible.

What I want: Memento, The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar
What I don't want: Following, Insomnia, TDK Trilogy, Dunkirk

I think what people seem to be ignoring is the rather significant downgrade in quality of Nolan's films since circa 2001. The last few films showed that Nolan doesn't seem to care much about the artistic process or even creating a pleasant experience for the viewer.

The fact that people ignore this is largely what's contributed to a lot of Nolan's unwarranted and undeserved success.

I guess I can understand how people, because even I get excited to defecate sometimes.

Cilogy wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 3:05 pm
I think what people seem to be ignoring is the rather significant downgrade in quality of Nolan's films since circa 2001. The last few films showed that Nolan doesn't seem to care much about the artistic process or even creating a pleasant experience for the viewer.
:think:

Cilogy wrote:

The fact that people ignore this is largely what's contributed to a lot of Nolan's unwarranted and undeserved success.

I guess I can understand how people, because even I get excited to defecate sometimes.
Preach it

Forget Christopher Nolan. My new favorite filmmaker is:

Cilogy wrote:

Last edited by Frankthetank on February 4th, 2019, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.