Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
It's true that a Bond movie set in the decade between the independence of India and the Suez crisis, when the UK still could think of staying a world class superpower and an empire, would be fascinating ; plus there would be LOTS of antagonists to choose from, the good old Soviets (a plot around Stalin's death and succession? The Berlin blockade?), China/North Korea in the Korean war, former Nazis that kept on fighting, the Hungarian uprising... There could be something about the Middle East and the appearance of Israel as well, but it would become a political bomb even before the first scenes would be filmed.

And yeah, that news article wasn't the most reliable thing ever ; if they keep going like this, soon, this forum will be cited as a source by the media :lol:

Hollywood Reporter: Director Danny Boyle Exits Next James Bond Film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... le-1136378

Excerpt:
The filmmaker is leaving due to creative differences.

Danny Boyle will no longer be leading 007 on his next mission. The producers of the James Bond franchise and star Daniel Craig made the announcement Tuesday that Boyle was exiting the project, which he had been set to direct.

"Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25," the official James Bond Twitter account tweeted.

If Boyle left for creative differences, Nolan definitely needs to stay tf away from this until they reboot the series following this entry.

Maybe the "creative differences" was just Nolan saying, "K, I'm ready."
But not really. But maybe. Probably not.

I would love to see his Bond set in the past, cold war times, whatever.

That would be a fresh approach. Because if I'm not mistaken (I'm not a big fan) every Bond is happening or seems to happening in the times when movie is released.

And that would kinda fullfill aspect of playing with time on 'meta-level' :)

It doesn't make sense for Nolan do helm Bond at this point.

He could create his own original spin without the constraints of a Bond film.

No bullshit checklist to follow and producers interfering.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 1:12 pm
It doesn't make sense for Nolan do helm Bond at this point.

He could create his own original spin without the constraints of a Bond film.

No bullshit checklist to follow and producers interfering.
Inception was much of that tho, obviously. I'd rather him do Bond then something 90% similar.

I think Nolan would do a Bond film if two things happened:

- Nolan has full creative control.
- EON/Broccoli/Wilson allow that.

I don't really see that happening, haha.

Nolan's better off not bothering with it, in my opinion. He'd end up being miserable if it's not his vision.

Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Nolan's better off not bothering with it, in my opinion. He'd end up being miserable if it's not his vision.
it's really ridiculous that you think there will be any kind of producers or studios that will have any kind of doubt about christopher nolan's vision.

Silfan wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 3:29 pm
Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:30 pm

it's really ridiculous that you think there will be any kind of producers or studios that will have any kind of doubt about christopher nolan's vision.
Yikes. Take it easy bud.

Broccoli and Wilson are notorious for not letting filmmakers have their own vision. They just did it to Danny Boyle. He's arguably one of the best living today. And I'm sure you'll find that Sam Mendes had issues as well.