The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 11:48 pm
Artemis wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 11:45 pm
It's a stand alone from the rest of the DCEU but it's also following harley's arc that started in SS. so it's a sequel for Harley but stand alone for everyone else.

We need a flowchart for this universe.
Harley had an arc in Suicide Squad? Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re ignoring that movie completely.
From my understanding and from previous information, she's supposed to be free from the Joker and her "arc" in SS was to break free from the Joker eventually.

But I get you. SS was a mess with too many characters so a lot of development was forgotten for like everyone.

I mean I guess we will see if they make any references to that movie... I kind of doubt it. With the news of Gunn rebooting it, it seems they want to forget everything about that movie except keep around Margot because everyone likes her and Harley.

If that's the course they want to go on then good luck to them. It's such an insult to the audience though and it shows very very poor planning on WB's part.

Artemis wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 11:45 pm
We need a flowchart for this universe.
Nolan is sitting aside cause he's done. See if you can spot him.

So are we sure this is a completely new version of the character and not a younger version of batfleck? If so, then they got me excited once again. I hope to see more casting details and to see a trailer for this sometime in 2020 (maybe Comic Con).

I also cannot see a better choice for the role than Hammer right now (other than Nolan and Bale reteaming that is). He's the perfect fit.

All in all, if this is really a new version of the character the 80 year anniversary should be a good year for Batman. He's got this in the works, a new WBGM game with the Court of Owls, Batman Hush animated movie and the yellow oval suit coming back in the comics.

It's good to be on the bat-wagon again.

Sadfleck is gone? What a shock. Why Sadfleck was chosen as the next Batman is beyond me. And it has nothing with him not being fit for the role. It's a simple notion of him not being interested. He was clearly interested in reawakening his career after years of flops by doing Oscar-bait movies, not capeshit. I don't know why he agreed to do another superhero movie if he literally slammed superhero movies in an interview about Daredevil three years before being cast as Batman. Why wasn't Jon Hamm cast as Batman is beyond me. Not only does he look like an Alex Ross painting, but the guy would never quit the job just because the movies he stared in got bad reviews. He would keep going. I mean, look at this man.

That's MDFKIG BRUCE WAYNE!

Affleck was clearly very eager to turn the ship around and do even more to get a great Batman after the failure of BvS. He wrote a script on his own and was supposed to direct this at first.

WB sucked the spirit out of him even before they went out and made the garbage that was Justice League.

I thought he was really good in BvS.

I think Hamm still had two more years left on Mad Men when they were casting for Batman vs Superman.

It really was Live by Night that screwed him over. If that one was a success, he would have remained in charge of things, regardless of Justice League.£