TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Bacon wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 7:56 pm
An original film is a more exciting idea to me than literally anything else so...
Also true!

I just want anything. Like I said, the release date is pretty much all I really need. I'm there opening night, lol.
I think it's perfectly fine to speculate based on existing ideas/stories. Many have expressed interest in the Hughes film and as a fan of Nolan's I would be very excited by him making the film based on the script he said was the best he ever wrote.

Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:19 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:15 pm
Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 7:15 pm

Ugh. What a waste of that material.
What makes you say that?
CBS All Access? The Stand should be a huge movie trilogy on theater screens, imo. It should be a cinematic epic.
To be honest I'd rather not have any epic work be translated in merely 6 hours. TV shows and miniseries are best for that kind of stuff.

Yeah, I agree. I just wish it got the kind of attention Nolan gave Batman, or Peter Jackson gave LOTR.

Please don't judge me but I would like Nolan doing a fantasy movie (something like The Neverending Story with Nolan's smart touch) or an epic... like Gladiator/Spartacus. Or even an adventure like Indiana Jones or... Goonies.

Seriously.

I'm going to put it in writing now just because I'd like it to come true. I feel we should see "Citizen Hughes" - the adaptation of the book - with Bradley Cooper taking on a lead role... and maybe even doing Howard Hughes himself.

I bet Nolan is so happy that he's not a part of this DC mess. I guarantee you they've tried to reel him back in with big $$$ and he wants nothing to do with it, haha. "You guys run along and have fun. I'll be over here making my WWII epic."

LeoCobb wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 9:29 pm
Please don't judge me but I would like Nolan doing a fantasy movie (something like The Neverending Story with Nolan's smart touch) or an epic... like Gladiator/Spartacus. Or even an adventure like Indiana Jones or... Goonies.

Seriously.
My own fan theory/wish for a while has been that Nintendo and WB/Syncopy and perhaps Legendary, would partner on a film version of The Legend of Zelda. A fantasy film in the mold of The Fellowship of the Ring w/ Nolan & his teams’ production design (IMAX, limited green screen & cgi, shooting on location all over the world, top shelf acting talent, etc): it would be the treatment the title deserves.

I’m sure the board at Nintendo has been getting pitches for Zelda for decades. And there’s been more interest in recent years on breaking into the film making business, but they’re being patient and not rushing into things. But remember Murhpy’s law: anything that can happen, will happen.

Why not wait out for the best blockbuster director working in the world today? Who else could they trust with their baby and get the budget to do it justice? Major risk, but potential for huge rewards. If both sides ever had meetings I’m sure they’d treat it with total secrecy and mutual respect.

Nolan has never done an out and out fantasy adventure. It would certainly be a challenge to take on with a lot of skeptical people to win over (likely many of the posters in this thread even). The storyline is straightforward and adaptable from incarnation to incarnation. Shifting timelines, mind bending puzzles, epic vistas, deeply felt emotions, soaring music, and intense action are the hallmarks of the series. He could treat it seriously and not spare any artistic integrity inherent to the source material.

Star Wars in 1977 was one of the seminal film going experiences of his young life, this could be a vehicle to do something like that and beat Disney at their own game. He could do for the video game adaptation what he did for comic book adaptations with TDK.

As highly improbable as the idea seems, it’s the only unadapted IP out there I’d hope he picks up. If not that I’d be more happy with any original idea they come out with (Psychological Horror, Neo-Western). Dunkirk came out of left field and is my favorite of his films.

But you can almost guarantee whatever he does, he won’t tread on old ground and rehash styles he’s known for. Syncopy pushes forward whatever they do. Even the TDK trilogy made major strides movie to movie.

I want him to make at least one more sci-fi set in a utopia. Interstellar had a dystopian story and most of the things seemed like things that exist nowadays. With his creative crew (especially with Nathan Crowley) it would be interesting to see how this group of filmmaker geniuses re-invent science fiction. I like Fifth Element and the two Blade Runners, but they show us a future that is very unlikely to become true.

I have another guess. I give it 1% that it would be the real deal but what if he wants to make Kubrick's cancelled Napoleon? However I don't think Nolan is thinking about it, because of his respect to the great Stanley. My personal opinion is that Nolan already surpassed his role model. A big difference between them is that Nolan makes original screenplays while Kubrick always (?) did adaptations.

There are many great stories out there to be adapted, but I think we have enough talented directors to make them, so as long as we have Chris, his (or his brother's) original stories are the most and the best we can get.